Left Lane Capital
Founded in 2019, Left Lane Capital is a New York-based global venture capital and growth equity firm investing in technology and internet companies with a consumer orientation. Left Lane’s mission is to partner with extraordinary entrepreneurs who create category-defining companies across growth sectors of the economy, including eCommerce enablement, software, healthtech, fintech, edtech, and other industries. Select investments include GoStudent, M1 Finance, Wayflyer, Bilt, WeTravel, Blank Street, Talkiatry, StudySmarter, Choco, and more.
What sets Left Lane apart is the firm’s foundation, which is built on deep data rigor, specialization in internet-first businesses, pattern recognition, and a genuine philosophy around partnering with founders. To drive value during every step of the investment process, from sourcing to exiting, Left Lane and its companies benefit from the in-house platform which has 200+ operators who work alongside the Left Lane portfolio in marketing, talent, product, engineering, and other strategic focus areas. With offices in New York and London, Left Lane leverages the teams’ diverse networks and experiences to provide lasting value that supports long-term relationships.
You will report to Erica Amatori, VP of Platform based in New York, and Magnus Karnehm, Principal based in London. The Platform Associate will be a key early member of the Platform and Operations team, taking responsibility for managing the London office, community, events, and partnerships to support the growth of our European team and companies.
This opportunity is perfect for anyone that’s interested in working at a venture capital firm with a focus on operations and value-add initiatives for high-impact teams.
- Maintain existing platform tools and initiatives and explore methods of enhancing community engagement.
- Manage the London office, ie. greet CEOs and guests who come in, ensure the office is orderly and stocked, help improve company procedures and day-to-day operations.
- Build a strong network in Europe that includes: advisors, experts, vendors, partners, specialized agencies and more who can support and scale our portfolio.
- Support our events strategy, from large summits to interactive intimate group discussions and workshops.
- Maintain and contribute to the quality of content and resources. Monitor and help develop content for our social channels.
- 1-3 years of professional experience. Prior experience in community a plus.
- MUST have work authorization to work in the UK.
- Ability to work full-time at Left Lane’s office.
- Experience and comfort with senior executives and leaders.
- Must be an execution machine and love project management with small details.
- Has high EQ and has the ability to multitask.
- Builder of community while delivering quality over quantity.
- Self motivated and motivated to experiment with new strategies to build community.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills online and offline.