Konvoy Ventures is a venture capital firm focused on investing in the video gaming industry. With over $250 million under management and a portfolio of >35 investments, Konvoy is headquartered in Denver, CO. The firm is actively making new investments out of Fund III, which is a $150 million dollar fund. The firm was founded by Jason Chapman, Jackson Vaughan, and Josh Chapman. Konvoy is an equal opportunity employer.
The Research Associate will work in-person out of the Denver office at Konvoy, reporting directly to the Managing Partners (Jason Chapman, Jackson Vaughan, and Josh Chapman). You will have an active influence in the research, insights, investment theses, trend analysis, internal reports, and thought leadership at Konvoy. It is extremely important that you have a keen interest, both professionally and personally, in being involved at the intersection of video gaming, venture capital, and research. The ideal candidate will combine a strong quantitative skill set with a range of qualitative skills in order to effectively communicate their research in writing and verbal format.
We want to be clear that this role is not a pathway to an investment role at Konvoy. We want you to be excited about this role and its growth trajectory in the firm as the Research team continues to grow. We believe this is a great opportunity for someone to work alongside us and grow their responsibilities over time as we continue to build out the Konvoy Research team.
The Research Associate will be given a large amount of responsibility as they contribute to the Konvoy team’s efforts in developing investment theses, writing internal reports, and releasing externally facing insights. We fully expect this person to interact actively with the entire firm across Investments, Platform, and Management, as well as with the entire Konvoy portfolio to help them succeed. You should be highly motivated, confident, humble, teachable, enthusiastic, articulate, able to communicate your ideas (written and verbally), work well in high pressure situations, and be a self-starter who works on your own initiative. As in every exciting industry, you will also need to be flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the business as required. We are all hands on deck.
The responsibilities primarily include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the process of writing and publishing research reports, crafting new investment theses, and assisting the Konvoy portfolio with ad-hoc insights in the gaming industry.
- Work with our internal and external partners to release certain reports and research to the public via social channels as well as media outlets (Bloomberg, Venture Beat, etc).
- Interact with Konvoy management to develop investment research and respond to inbound requests for insights and ad-hoc analysis.
- Create and develop your own primary research models, staying on top of the gaming industry’s trends as well as the broader sentiment in the market.
- Maintain constant coverage of industry-related news, trends, and developments. Disseminate your insight when appropriate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain a public image for the firm at conferences/events. Communicate the Konvoy research and insights to the broader market, building its brand to generate further inbound interest to the firm from third parties.
- Existing Konvoy content: quarterly industry report, weekly newsletter, social media posts, portfolio ad-hoc requests, internal reports, new initiatives, and more.
- General Contribution: we expect to hear thoughts and ideas on how we can improve the firm and our strategy.
- 2-6 years of work experience
- Ability to work full-time (5 days a week) at the Konvoy office in Denver, Colorado.
- Preferably from one of the following professions (though not required): equity research, investment banking, corporate strategy, video gaming (insights team), venture capital (research), or consulting (insights team).
- Outstanding project management skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to lead initiatives and manage external partnerships at scale
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Why Join Konvoy
We are active, have lots of opinions, enjoy having fun, and are playing video games as a team on a regular basis. As an organization, we have a flat organizational structure and believe everyone is a contributor to the firm’s success. We also have a vibrant culture of debating ideas (in and outside of gaming) from both a practical and philosophical lens. As a firm culture, we firmly believe that iron sharpens iron.
We want you to build a long-term career at Konvoy. We are in this for the long haul and we hope you feel the same. As a team, we fully expect to give you a lot of ownership, promote you, and grow your responsibility within the firm over time.
Denver is an incredible place to live and work. This city provides access to a large variety of outdoor activities (skiing, biking, hiking, etc), great restaurants, amazing weather (300 days of sunshine), an international airport (i.e. direct flights to London), a thriving tech scene, and of course… a growing video gaming VC fund: Konvoy.
Corporate team retreats, travel to conferences, visiting portfolio companies, celebratory team dinners, family oriented, team outings, and we toast to every new investment we make.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary, bonus, medical, dental, and relocation costs.