Jump Capital is an early-stage venture capital firm based in Chicago. We are thesis-led investors with a deep conviction that you must have a depth of understanding within microsegments of sectors to be effective, good partners. Our software-focused portfolio is global and diversified across thematic areas that include Fintech, Vertical and Application SaaS, Cybersecurity, and Compliance. Behind each investment are brilliant entrepreneurs reimagining, innovating, and challenging ideas. Our differentiation as a firm lies in how we approach relationships with these driven founders. We are engaged partners with a strong orientation toward collaboration and a team-based approach, from investment decisions to supporting founders.
As we enter our 11th year and invest out of our 7th($350mm) fund, we are adding to our team. What we are looking for The investor role is central to evaluating new opportunities, building investment theses, and supporting portfolio companies. The ideal candidate will identify high-potential companies based on thesis development (what we believe about a specific market) and relationship development (getting to know the best founders). This person will also play a key role in the diligence and decision process, and work with our portfolio companies to ensure their success.
Key responsibilities include:
– Full-stack sourcing and deal execution – above all else, this role is foundational to Jump’s relationship development and investment process
– Outreach and ongoing communication with founders and CEOs Identifying and nurturing relationships with other Seed/Series-A investors
– Evaluation of investment opportunities and conducting due diligence
– Perform comprehensive and in-depth investment theses research and maintain relationships with subject matter experts.
– Build a unique perspective supported by strong quantitative analysis balanced with insights from subject matter experts
– Network and Market Development: Be a content creator and contributor through Jump’s podcast, blog, and social channels
– Support marketing efforts to enhance Jump Capital’s brand and visibility through participation in panels and events
– Look for opportunities to engage with the entrepreneurial community and represent Jump Capital across industry sectors and geographies
– Passion for working with early-stage companies, great instincts, and a unique perspective.
– We are looking for candidates that are curious and eager to understand how evolving industries create opportunity for new technology and to imagine the business models that will thrive in those future markets Ideal candidates will have a least 1-4 years of work experience
– Strong communications skills are a must.
– The ideal candidate will possess an energetic, outgoing, and authentic personality. Preferably experience in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, or Venture Capital Individuals with experience in Product, Engineering, or other operating functions within a high-growth tech startup are also welcome
– Experience in financial modeling and data analysis
– Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on projects
– You must be a self-starter, have a strong analytic backbone, and be comfortable expressing your point-of-view
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or Computer Science preferred but not required
– We are a meritocracy
– We take our work very seriously but not ourselves
– We have our convictions, but we’re good listeners
– We celebrate our wins and learn from the losses
– We try very hard to put ourselves in our founders’ shoes
Please note the location of the position is in Chicago. Jump Capital is an equal opportunity employer