Our company maintains a cooperative pool of talent and ventures sourced from 40+ leading research institutions in the United States and Canada. Our mission is to better connect high impact entrepreneurs to new ventures emerging from scientific research.
This position will be stationed in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Office-based and virtual meetings/events will be necessary for this position.
Our company is a leading deep technology venture development community.
To help us build on our ongoing success, we’re seeking a Venture Associate with a passion for exploring the commercial viability of scientific research-based ventures and interest in the financial analysis, startup investing, communications, and business development-focused networking related to commercially scaling deep tech ventures. We’re looking for a self-starter that is comfortable in a fluid work environment and able to communicate information clearly and concisely to a range of people from the our network, including but not limited to entrepreneurs, investors, advisors, and community partners.
The Responsibilities Include
- Help the team source, evaluate, and prioritize a robust pipeline of deep tech startup opportunities, entrepreneurs, investors, and advisors
- Perform due diligence and provide input on network referrals for potential deep tech startup opportunities, entrepreneurs, investors, and advisors
- Analyze data and various innovation ecosystems to help the team maintain an up- to-date pipeline and database of startup opportunities, investors, and entrepreneurs
- Network to help increase curated and approved network participants
- Engage with community members to determine opportunities for improvement
- Liaise extensively with serial entrepreneurs seeking their next opportunity to build
- Experienced advisors interested in giving back to the next generation of ventures
- VCs and other investors interested in emerging deep technology venture opportunities
- Attend networking events (virtual/in-person) and arrange community engagement efforts
- Other responsibilities as they arise to enable goals across our company and our Community
To Be Considered For The Position, You Will Have
- Passion for the business mechanics of starting and scaling deep tech ventures
- Academic achievement and experience that prepares you to work within a team environment to commercially evaluate deep tech ventures and meaningfully contribute to their launch and commercial success
- A love of deep tech for its potential positive societal impact and interest in recent trends and developments in deep technology venture development is essential
- Strong alignment with our company’s mission to identify and support new ventures emerging from university research
- A passion for people and a natural drive to help people connect and grow. You must be able to demonstrate comfort with a diverse range of people and personalities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- The ability to seek help to understand the novelty, context, and implications of a deep technology venture, which could come from a variety of technology sectors and no single person is expert in all of them
- Be eager to engage with the deep tech community, learn more about deep tech ventures and the research that is being scaled, and help our network learn more about what we are looking for in the venture opportunities we seek to support