Illuminate is a Seed & Series A venture capital fund investing in the future of financial services based in New York, London and Singapore.
We are backed by some of the world’s largest and most respected technology users from the financial services space, including JP Morgan, Jefferies, Citi, S&P Global, Barclays, SGX and Deutsche Boerse Group. Illuminate has a deep network of senior financial services executives as both advisers and investors.
At Illuminate, we invest thematically where there are fundamental shifts occurring in financial services including digital assets/crypto, sustainable finance/climate tech, private markets infrastructure and the future of the enterprise software stack.
Illuminate has built a very deep and trusted formal and informal network to validate the solutions we see and match them against relevant, high priority industry challenges our industry partners face.
We have a hands on approach to supporting our portfolio companies, harnessing the power of our deep industry network to help them with their go-to-market strategy. This has allowed us to back and partner with high-profile founders from teams like Genesis Global, Talos, Bezero, Copper, and Blockdaemon. You can find out more about our portfolio companies at: http://illuminatefinancial.com/portfolio/
ROLE – Associate
It is an exciting time to join Illuminate – Fund I is currently ranked as #1 VC fund in Europe (2015 vintage for distributions) and we have over doubled our assets under management (AUM) in 2022.
This is a key role in building out our investment team further in London.
The role starts as soon as possible and is hybrid in-person/WFH. We aim for 3 days a week in the office in Shoreditch.
The role will cover all aspects of the investment process:
- Investments – Develop new investment theses, source deals, drive due diligence process, present to investment committee, negotiate term sheets and execute deals.
- Portfolio – Sit on the boards (as director or observer) of portfolio companies – support portfolio companies with: fundraising, go-to-market, hiring, and strategy.
- Industry Partners – manage one of our industry partnerships
- Brand expansion – be a brand ambassador – networking, sourcing, and content (blog posts and think pieces)
You will join the Illuminate team of seventeen, including ten investors across London, New York & Singapore. Our team includes experienced venture investors with backgrounds that include banking (Citi, Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan, Capital One), entrepreneurship (Creditex/T-Zero), consulting (McKinsey, Bain & Co), financial technology (Murex, Thomson Reuters).
- We greatly value curiosity, proactivity and collaboration.
- If coming from an investment background, 2+ years of experience investing in early stage companies preferred.
- Interest in b2b financial technology and in topics like sustainable finance, climate tech, digital assets, data infrastructure, AI/ML is valued.
- Strong existing venture / startup network preferred.
- Permission to work in the UK is preferred.
We would consider offering an Analyst title if the best candidate is earlier in their career but have the rights skills. We value skills over experience and therefore we blind review the applications as a first stage of the interview process.
Competitive benefits package and strong focus on personal development. This is an opportunity to grow with a fast expanding VC firm in one of the most innovative and dynamic areas of venture.