High Alpha Studio’s New Ventures team is looking to fill a critical team role: Associate, New Ventures. The New Ventures team researches and conceives software startup opportunities and facilitates the co-creation process with founder candidates. The Associate is a player-coach role, leading the Exploration process and a small team of analysts, as well as personally executing explorations. The Associate, New Ventures reports to the Head of New Ventures.
A venture studio is a unique place, where team members conceive of and start companies, as well as venture invest. Those working in consulting, venture capital, or startups get to taste elements, but High Alpha affords the opportunity to do all three. And on no team is that more evident than New Ventures. We’re looking for another amazing human to join our team, learn and explore with us, and build breakout B2B software businesses.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct Explorations, researching, assessing, and validating prospective startup opportunities
- Manage the overall pipeline of opportunities in the Exploration process and the small team of analysts conducting them
- Partner closely with entrepreneurs and partners through the Co-Creation and Sprint Week processes
- Identify new problems and market opportunities and generate new startup ideas
- Deliver compelling pitches and presentations of research findings that serve to inform and influence key decision-makers
- Stay current on new technology trends, fundraises, and startups
- Support the execution of Sprint Weeks on a bi-monthly basis
What We’re Looking For
- Player-coach who can lead and execute
- Genuine passion and curiosity for SaaS and B2B startups
- Skillful communicator–both verbal and in writing–who is comfortable, effective, and persuasive in meetings with senior management teams
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced, loosely structured and collaborative team environment
- Adaptability, comfortability in uncertainty, and ability to think ahead
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Creative idea generator
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Prior experience in B2B software
- Prior experience in a studio or accelerator, venture investing, strategy consulting or startup creation–ideally a combination
What We Value
Dreaming Big: We constantly challenge ourselves to push boundaries, defy conventional wisdom, and take smart risks by pursuing big opportunities hiding in plain sight.
Moving Fast: We push ourselves and portfolio companies to build processes and systems that compress time, speed, and decision-making to produce results faster.
Expecting More: We demand the best from ourselves, our team, and our partners. We create the context for success by providing the appropriate resources, infrastructure, training, and mentorship required to win.
High Alpha is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.