Haymaker Ventures is a fintech-focused early-stage venture capital fund anchored by an investment from Peter Thiel. We are spinning out of a leading family office where the principals developed a strong track record over the past decade, investing in leading fintech companies such as SoFi, Gusto, TruMid, and Flyr Labs. Our team is looking for an Investment Associate to support our partners in investing, deal sourcing, and due diligence. This is an opportunity to join a growing investment team and help shape the firm’s strategy and process.
As an Investment Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Haymaker team on financial analysis for new investment opportunities as well as helping source new investment opportunities.
- Maintaining sector and company research including reviewing primary and third-party research and expert reports/analysis, synthesizing facts and insights, and developing a database of prospective targets, industry experts, and potential executives.
- Developing and sharing market insights and analyses about fintech trends, new product opportunities, and potential market expansions.
- Working on investment memos and presentations to support the investment committee review and limited partner communications.
Qualifications for consideration:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics or related work experience/CFA.
- 2+ years’ experience in investment banking, equity research, venture capital, consulting, or an operating role at a startup.
- Experience in financial services or fintech is highly encouraged, but not required. Strong interest in the sector is a must.
- Ability to influence and communicate successfully at all levels of the organization, synthesizing insights and conclusions into organized and impactful communications to senior management
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and other MS Office applications.
- We are remote first, but New York City or San Francisco is preferred.
To apply for the position:
- Send your resume and a link to your LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the body of your email include one paragraph describing your interest in fintech and an early-stage company in the space you find interesting.