Corporate Venture Capital- Investment Associate
The Investment Associate for Hyundai CRADLE Silicon Valley will be part of a team of dedicated investment professionals engaged in corporate venture activities covering North America.
As a team member, you will work in close collaboration with external partners as well as executives and their teams throughout Hyundai Motor Group (HMG), including the Innovation Division of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC), CRADLE’s parent entity. In this role, you will work to help bring HMG closer to the start-up and corporate innovation/venturing ecosystems and to help us build a robust portfolio of diverse partnerships that will help drive innovation and future businesses for HMG in the near and long term.
This role will encompass the broad range of corporate venture capital activity while working to establish and maintain relationships with senior HMG stakeholders as well as external innovation ecosystem partners.
As part of a dedicated CRADLE Investment team, the Associate will:
- Engage in research, sourcing, and analysis of investment opportunities
- Portfolio monitoring activities
- Introduce, plan and execute investment-driven technology assessments and projects for potential or current portfolio companies (post-investment activities)
- Help generate investment presentations and supporting materials
- Assist in communications and requests from HQ partners
- Generate presentations and CRADLE Insight reports on industry and technological trends in order to identify and preempt shifts in technology and/or opportunities for innovation
- Contribute to managing a leads/deal flow database to track prospective companies
- Work with internal teams (domestically and in Korea) to facilitate and execute investment-facilitated collaboration agreements of different types, including PoCs, technology assessments, joint development, commercialization, licensing, etc.
- Collaborate with Innovation Division to identify opportunities to advance technologies and support new business models
- Assist in facilitating internal and external events
- Actively represent Hyundai CRADLE in the greater North American innovation ecosystem
- Cultivate and leverage relationships with startup, VC, and corporate innovation/venturing ecosystem partners to help identify and source partnering opportunities aligned with HMG stakeholder strategic priorities
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders
- Able to travel 20-30% of the time (domestic and international)
What we offer:
- Zero-dollar employee premiums on Medical, dental, and vision for you and your family
- 100% employer-paid disability and Life insurance
- Generous paid Time Off including Vacation, sick and abundant holidays
- A Global Environment that fosters diversity
- Competitive Salaries
- Retirement savings and planning benefits
- Flexible work hours, and hybrid work schedule options
- Access to Health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
- 1 year of relevant work experience
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Candidates applying for positions with HATCI must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
- Knowledge of automotive technologies, advanced manufacturing, energy storage, or robotics beneficial
- Korean language proficiency is highly beneficia