Hyundai America Technical Center Inc. (HATCI) is looking for a candidate to join the Hyundai CRADLE Silicon Valley team in Mountain View, CA as an Associate, Open Innovation.
The Associate, Open Innovation for Hyundai CRADLE Silicon Valley will be part of a team of professionals engaged in aggressive Open Innovation across North America, supporting our Open Innovation Coordinator.
As a team member, you will work in close collaboration with external partners as well as executives and their teams throughout Hyundai Motor Group (HMG), including the Innovation Division of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC), CRADLE’s parent entity. In this role, you will work to help bring HMG closer to the start-up and corporate innovation/venturing ecosystems and to help us build a robust portfolio of diverse partnerships that will help drive innovation and future businesses for HMG in the near and long term.
This role will encompass the broad range of Open Innovation activities while working to establish and maintain relationships with senior HMG stakeholders as well as external innovation ecosystem partners.
As part of a dedicated Open Innovation team, the Associate will:
- Engage in research and analysis of available open innovation opportunities and market opportunities
- Assist in communications and requests from HQ partners
- Generate presentations and CRADLE insight reports on industry and technological trends in order to identify and preempt shifts in technology and/or opportunities for innovation
- Manage a leads/deal flow database to track prospective companies
- Source, identify, and analyze new partnering and collaboration opportunities
- Work with internal teams (domestically and in Korea) to facilitate and execute collaboration agreements of different types, including PoCs, technology assessments, joint development, commercialization, licensing, etc.
- Collaborate with Innovation Division to identify opportunities to advance technologies and support new business models
- Plan technology assessments and proof-of-concept projects in collaboration with potential or current portfolio companies
- Assist in facilitating internal and external events
- Actively represent Hyundai CRADLE in the greater North American innovation ecosystem
- Cultivate and leverage relationships with startup, VC, and corporate innovation/venturing ecosystem partners to help identify and source partnering opportunities aligned with HMG stakeholder strategic priorities
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders
- Able to travel 20-30% of the time (domestic and international)
What we offer:
- Zero dollar employee premiums on Medical, dental, and vision for you and your family
- 100% employer-paid disability and Life insurance
- Generous paid Time Off including Vacation, sick and abundant holidays
- A Global Environment that fosters diversity
- Competitive Salaries
- Retirement savings and planning benefits
- Flexible work hours, and hybrid work schedule options
- Access to Health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Candidates applying for positions with HATCI must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor
- Korean language proficiency is highly beneficial
- Knowledge of automotive technologies, energy storage, or robotics beneficial
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience