Who We Are:
GSV Ventures is a multi-stage venture capital firm investing in the most important founders and leaders across the global “Pre-K to Gray” digital learning and workforce skills landscape. Investments include ClassDojo, Clever (exited), Coursera, Degreed, Gradescope (exited), Guild, Learneo (formerly Course Hero), Nearpod (exited), PhotoMath (exited), Physicswallah and QuillBot (exited) amongst other notable investments in education technology leaders positioned to achieve disproportionate gains. GSV Ventures manages over $1.0bn in assets across three funds and several SPVs, and partners include Michael Cohn, Adam Freed, Jason Horne, Michael Moe, Luben Pampoulov, Deborah Quazzo and Tiffany Taylor.
Critical platforms for GSV Ventures’ investing activity also include the All Eyes on India Summit and the world-renowned ASU+GSV Summit, drawing some of the globe’s most prominent speakers including Tencent Co-founder and Yidan Prize founder, Charles Chen; Stanford Dean, Dan Schwartz, Bill Gates, Sheryl Sandberg, Colorado Governor Jared Polis, Sal Khan, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Arne Duncan, Bari Weiss, Mitch Kapor and Freada Kapor Klein, Sheryl Lee Ralph, amongst many, many others.
What You’ll Do:
GSV Investment Associates are primarily responsible for sourcing investment opportunities, as well as providing operational support to portfolio companies, driving global sector diligence and research, and supporting the development of themes and content for the ASU+GSV Summit relevant to investing activity.
Who We Are Looking For:
Our next Investment Associate will be a team member who is highly curious, proactive, self-starting, tech-savvy, financially sophisticated, and passionate about transformative entrepreneurship. Ideal candidates will have strong investment banking or finance background with direct deal experience, or are coming from an operating role within the edtech sector. Although an engineering degree or technical experience is not required, it is an advantage. An MBA is not expected.
The expectations of the individual include:
- Have expert-level Excel skills
- Have passion for and facility with generative AI
- Be comfortable initiating dialogue and rapport with fund partners, CEOs of technology startups, and other senior industry experts
- Be highly inquisitive and relentless in identifying emerging trends
- Be constructively paranoid about missing out on the best emerging teams and companies
- Be able to aggressively sell the advantages of alignment with the GSV platform
- Be highly service and relationship-oriented when it comes to sector entrepreneurs and partners
- Have a hair on fire mentality in identifying companies and their founders that will have the greatest impact on the education/talent sector
- Be a self-starter who is collaborative and focused on elevating those around you
- Love the value of a collaborative team
GSV Ventures teams are based in San Francisco, Chicago, and New York. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company, as diverse teams produce higher returns. We encourage underrepresented people to apply from all races, religions, colors, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, ages, marital statuses, veteran statuses, and disability statuses.
To apply please apply to the right or contact email@example.com with referrals.