Good Growth Capital
We are looking for a self-driven and ambitious associate to join our team! As an Associate at Good Growth Capital (GGC), you will support the managing partners, portfolio companies, advisors and venture partners through a variety of tasks related to evaluation of deep tech/data science start ups. Associate responsibilities include providing operational support to the managing partners to ensure efficient operations of the various funds, partnerships, communications, internship programs and more.
The associate job scope includes communicating via phone, email, zoom, and in person ensuring that all tasks are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
Good Growth Capital is a majority women-owned and managed early-stage venture capital fund known for its expertise in assessing and cultivating complex science and technology start-ups. While we don’t market ourselves as an impact fund, we focus on companies that are striving to fill a pressing societal need, or have a positive effect on humanity in some way.
Starting with our first fund in 2017, we have focused on investing in defensible and complex technologies in Bio&MedTech, GreenTech and Data Sciences/ AI and other complex sciences, and often at the intersection of those sectors. Our team is remote, although most are on the East Coast, with the partners based in Charleston, SC and Boston MA. We are excited to add to our passionate and energetic team.
GGC Associate Essential Responsibilities
- Due Diligence on potential investments. Complete secondary research on competitors, market
- sizing, potential customers, potential acquirers, and technology assessment, etc
- Organize and participate in due diligence calls with Data Science / AI / tech startups that GGC is considering for an investment.
- Attend conferences to gather intel and do initial assessment on new startups / potential investments and potential competitors
- Answer and direct incoming communication pertaining to new investments and potential portfolio companies
- Maintain contact lists concerning potential investments and GGC portfolio companies
- Produce and distribute communication concerning potential investments and GGC portfolio
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain information organization and systems
GGC Associate Requirements and Qualifications
- 2-6 years experience in either tech, venture or consulting, with a focus on technology
- Operational experience in tech-related (data science / AI / software) hyper-growths or start- ups preferred
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Collaborative attitude with a team-first approach
- Intellectually curious with a dedication to go the extra mile
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to present findings to a non-technical audience
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor degree required, MBA welcomed, but not required
- Angel, scout or start-up investment experience not required, but welcomed
- Formal CS degree or coursework welcomed but not required – will consider hands-on
- experience in lieu of formal education
- Knowledge of/Experience with and comfort assessing (some of the following): artificial intelligence, big data, machine learning/data science theory, robotics, big data analytics, data science theory, technique and tools; deep learning, natural language processing, computer vision, AR/VR, IoT, developer tools, cloud computing, SaaS, PaaS.
- Position Type & Location
- This is a full-time position. Location is remote, although this position will be expected to work typical east coast hours with rest of GGC team.