Global Health Investment Corporation
The Global Health Investment Corporation (GHIC) is a health impact venture firm focused on investing in transformational technologies and products that will enable a healthier world and safer future for all. A pioneer of impact investing in global health, GHIC has been financing innovation for nearly a decade.
Our new global health security venture fund will be launched in partnership with BARDA, which is providing funding to GHIC of up to $500M over 10 years to accelerate the development and commercialization of technologies to address global public health emergencies, such as pandemics and other health security threats.
GHIC is growing its team to become the preeminent health impact platform and scaling across a number of roles to support the expansion of its investment portfolio and other programmatic activities.
For more information on GHIC, please visit http://www.ghicfunds.org.
About the Role
We are looking for an Associate to join our investment team to support investment efforts in health security technologies and beyond. As an Associate, you will source and evaluate investment opportunities and deeply understand the landscape of investment opportunities in diverse health security spaces such as diagnostics, therapeutics, vaccines, and more. We offer a flexible work environment, a diverse set of projects, and a best-in-class peer group to learn from. This is a unique opportunity to explore and generate impact in public health with the tools of venture investing.
- Screening and sourcing new investment opportunities within and outside of health security
- Analyzing the competitive landscape for potential investments
- Investment thesis development and mapping
- Executing due diligence processes to understand the scientific, technical, financial and strategic features of potential deals
- Supporting negotiation of terms for new investments
- Tracking progress of portfolio companies post investment
- Over time, developing board skills and experiences as an observer or director
- Collaborating with the broader GHIC team to provide organizational support as needed
Qualifications & Requirements
- B.S. in life sciences or a related field; a medical degree or PhD is a plus but not a requirement
- 2-5 years of work experience in a position within an investment process, preferably within the life sciences; fluency with corporate finance concepts and related skills is a plus but not a must
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of global health and/or health security
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and organized in working independently, as well as in interacting with team members and external stakeholders (investors, companies, co-investors, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
If interested, please apply here.