At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxy’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.Additional information about the Company’s businesses and products is available on http://www.galaxy.com.What We ValueWe are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
Galaxy InteractiveGalaxy Interactive, a division of Galaxy Digital, is a stage-agnostic venture investor focused on companies operating at the intersection of content, finance, and technology. Led by General Partners Sam Englebardt and Richard Kim, Galaxy Interactive has been amongst the most active videogame and blockchain investors in the world since its inception in 2018, with over $650 million in AUM across its two funds and investments in more than 100 companies.Who You AreGalaxy Interactive is looking for a junior gaming investor who is excited to invest in the next generation of gaming studios, infrastructure, and platforms (both traditional and Web3). You will be joining a small team and working directly with our Partners and portfolio companies.Excerpts from “A Galaxy Investor” (the Galaxy Interactive Team Handbook): A Galaxy investor is T-shaped: building expertise in a specific field(s) while also maintaining fundamental knowledge about various other subjects. Always thirsty for knowledge, always curious, and always looking for new problems to solve, a Galaxy investor is an optimistic scientist obsessed with finding the truth. A Galaxy investor is a free and responsible person. They always look to do more to help the organization improve while also considering key priorities and trade-offs. When things go well, they celebrate as a team. When things go wrong, they own it, learn about what went wrong, deal with the consequences, and improve. A Galaxy investor doesn’t have excuses, they only have reasons to be better. A Galaxy investor is confident, yet humble; action-biased, yet rigorous. They trust and complete the team, knowing that when the team wins, everyone wins.What You’ll Do
- Proactively source and evaluate new investments in the global gaming ecosystem
- Work closely with the rest of the team to conduct deep research, understand the cutting-edge trends and refine investment strategies
- Partner with the portfolio companies to help drive strategic initiatives and synergies
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in VC, private equity, investment banking, consulting, corporate development, or startups
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for slicing and dicing data, and ability to think critically
- Strong research and writing skills: can create briefing documents and decks quickly & effectively
- Outstanding communication skills, attention to detail and work ethic
- Passionate about investing and startups broadly, and gaming / digital entertainment specifically
- Bachelor’s Degree with outstanding academic achievement
- Background in quantitative fields
- Exceptional relationship building skills and / or have established network within the industry
- Professional working experience related to gaming
- Playing games
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Arrangements
- Flexible Time Off (paid)
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Company-paid health and protective benefits for employees, partners, and other dependents
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks and weekly lunches
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Employee Resource Groups
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
- Benefits may vary based on location