G2 Venture Partners
G2 Venture Partners invests in exceptional teams applying emerging technologies to traditional industries, sustainably. The firm focuses on innovation in the transportation, energy, industrials, agriculture, logistics, and retail sectors, with investment stages ranging from venture to growth. Our portfolio includes Luminar (NASDAQ: LAZR, LiDAR for autonomous vehicles), Proterra (NASDAQ: PTRA, electric buses and powertrains), Arcadia (digital clean-energy utility), Seegrid (autonomous electric forklifts and tuggers), and Pivot Bio (sustainable alternative to synthetic nitrogen fertilizer). We are currently investing out of our second fund, and have ~$1B under management.
We are hiring two new Investors to join our team by the end of 2022. Our Investors are involved in every step of our investment processes, including industry deep-dives (mapping new industry sub-sectors and identifying areas of potential value), detailed diligence for targeted investments, and portfolio work post-investment.
LOCATION: Our office is in Portola Valley and this is initially a Bay Area-based role, with some flexibility to eventually be remote after getting to know the team in-person.
QUALIFICATIONS: We are looking for candidates who have:
- At least three years of work experience requiring critical analysis of business models and financial projections. Investing, banking, or consulting experience preferred.
- Established record as a curious “self-starter”.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent analytical reasoning, and an ability to present complex ideas and information in simple persuasive form, both written and orally.
- Genuine passion for investing, the entrepreneurial process, and sustainability.
- Desire to be a connector / develop a robust network, and work in a collaborative trust-based team environment.
- Professional and personal maturity that demonstrate unquestionable integrity and sound business instincts.
- MBA or graduate level academic work preferred.
PROCESS: To express an interest in working with us, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications on a rolling basis. In your cover letter, please indicate emerging technology areas of interest, and potential areas within the transportation, energy, industrials, agriculture, logistics, or retail industries that you believe represent the largest potential opportunities for new investments (as specific as possible).