First Spark Ventures
First Spark Ventures is a venture capital firm that invests in Deep Tech early stage startups. Based in Menlo Park, the firm was founded in 2022 and supports companies from Pre-seed through Series A. We invest in entrepreneurs who have developed breakthrough technologies that will make the world healthier, safer, and more productive.
We are looking for a Venture Associate to support the team in market analysis and financial modeling. The ideal candidate must have a high interest in emerging technologies across software, hardware, and wetware. This is a hybrid-role based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Drive the financial modeling efforts and support the valuation analysis across all stages of the investment process
- Evaluate market trends and supporting the investment team on emerging investment thesis areas (e.g., market landscaping)
- Support due diligence for prospective investments (e.g., conducting competitive analyses; sensitivity analyses)
Education, Experience and Requirements
- 2-3 years of professional experience conducting company evaluation and financial analyses in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, management consulting, or other similar financial institution
- Strategic thinker with outstanding analytical, deal evaluation, and excel modeling skills
- Independent self-starter that thrives in a high-paced environment, proven ability to multitask
- Highly collaborative and a team player, excellent written and communication skills
- Keen interest in new technologies
- Hybrid role: will be expected to be in the Menlo Park office ~3 days/week
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- This is a full-time, salaried role. The anticipated compensation range for this role is $125-$160K, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.