Strategic Advisers (SAI) is a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of FMR LLC that provides investment management services to clients through Fidelity’s retail and institutional distribution channels. For more than 20 years, Strategic Advisers has specialized in the design, construction and management of asset allocation solutions, as well as the methodologies for many of Fidelity’s investment planning tools, to help investors reach their financial goals. With over $400 billion in assets under management in a blend of Fidelity and third-party investment vehicles, the Strategic Advisers team of investment professionals constructs and manages asset allocation portfolios for over one million customer accounts.
Sustainable Investing Team
The Sustainable Investing team sits within SAI’s broader investment team and is responsible for supporting and driving forward SAI’s Sustainable investing efforts. The team has a specialist function working closely with the fundamental and quantitative manager research teams, portfolio management, and product teams within SAI. As SAI continues to grow its sustainable product offerings, the Sustainable Investing team will play a key role in improving and building out our investment process and reporting capabilities.
The Sustainable Investment Associate role is a supporting role reporting to the Head of Sustainable Investment Research. The Associate will work closely with the quantitative and fundamental manager research teams and other stakeholders across SAI to deepen our capabilities in multi-asset class sustainable investing. The role will require a high degree of flexibility given the fast moving and evolving space of sustainable investing.
- Develop and improve analytical tools to assess sustainable characteristics across equity and fixed income mutual funds
- Provide reporting on industry trends and performance of sustainable investment strategies
- Support fundamental analysts on topics relevant to sustainable manager research
- Develop subject matter expertise across sustainable investing trends such as climate change, diversity and inclusion, and proxy voting.
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated passion for sustainable investing. One to two years prior experience preferred but not required.
- Solid understanding of investment concepts, either through course work or work experience
- Strong analytical, communication, and quantitative skills.
- A good teammate, collaborator and relationship builder that can also work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree required.