Equal Ventures is looking to bring on an Associate to focus on researching industry themes, sourcing opportunities, analyzing investments and working alongside our founders. This role will primarily focus on opportunities in Insurtech/Fintech, working closely with the founding partners and other team members to support our investment activity in the space. This role is open to Pre or Post MBA candidates.
- 2–3+ years of experience working in strategy consulting, equity research, or private equity with the ability to analyze industry trends and company performance beyond a financial statement. Experience evaluating, advising, investing or working at an insurance / financial services company is required.
- Intellectually Curious — Insatiable thirst for knowledge on how / why things work.
- Passionate — Obsessed with startups and the overall venture ecosystem.
- Professional — Takes immense pride in the detail, thoroughness, accuracy, and overall quality of their work.
- Self-directed — Works with team members to complete tasks without someone looking over their shoulder.
- Networked — Able to plug into startup communities and access high potential founders/VCs. Capable of engaging and developing relationships with industry leaders, founders, and investors operating as an ambassador of the Equal brand.
- Friendly — We like nice people, no egos.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your LinkedIn profile and/or resume, along with brief responses to the following:
- What do you find as the most exciting space in insurtech/fintech today?
- What are two seed stage opportunities (that have raised less than $4M to date) that you think Equal should be looking at as a potential investment?
- What is a legacy incumbent / non-tech company in this category that you admire and why?
The role is based in New York City. If we feel that you could be a fit, we’ll reach out to you within 2 weeks of your application.
Overview of Equal Ventures:
Equal Ventures invests in founders and businesses transforming legacy markets. Equal applies in-depth research to identify, evaluate and add value to a highly concentrated portfolio of early-stage companies. Equal is backed by some of the industry’s leading operators, founders, GPs and institutions.