We are looking to expand our team with an additional Associate/Sr. Associate to focus on Enterprise IT investments!
We are an independent venture capital firm built on a unique platform of Global Corporate LPs with Prudential Financial as our anchor. Our multi-stage fund invests in InsurTech, FinTech, HealthTech, PropTech as well as horizontal enterprise technologies for these industries: Machine Learning, Cloud, Security, Automation, Digital CX. Through our partnership with Prudential Financial, we are able to access the resources of one of the largest insurers in the world focused on Life, Retirement solutions, Group Insurance, Workplace solutions with presence in 40+ countries, over 50K employees and $4T+ of gross life insurance in force as well as $1.5T in AUM. PruVen is founded by an experienced team that has deep domain expertise in these industry verticals. The team has previously invested in over 70 companies including Square, Docusign, Honey, Plaid, Newfront, Unite Us, Jet.com, Braze, Datarobot, Feedzai, Immuta and Ujet.
What we’re looking for:
- The Hustle: You are super connected in the entrepreneurial ecosystem. You are always thinking of ways to support the Founders you love to be successful.
- Problem Solving Skills: You see walls and you scale them, find ways around them, and drive through them. You are as entrepreneurial as the companies we invest in.
- Curiosity: You enjoy getting lost in rabbit holes learning about the latest technologies, business models, and market trends. You develop deep understandings of particular topics.
- Quantitative / Analytical Skills: You must be good with numbers and be able to think critically. You can dissect, analyze, evaluate, and provide insight into investments and business models.
- Interpersonal Skills: You have superior communication skills and are exceptional at getting your points across in written and oral form.
- Work Ethic: You will do what it takes to get the job done. You enjoy having significant autonomy and can take a project and run with it.
- Values: You have a strong sense of integrity and are passionate about startups.
What you’ll be doing:
- Source, screen, evaluate, execute, and manage investments from start to finish.
- Write and present investment memos
- Conduct diligence on companies and sharing that diligence in Partner meetings
- Create fundamental research on new markets and industries of investment interest
- Collaborate with startups on key strategic and operational projects to accelerate growth
- Ecosystem development
- Contribute to corporate innovation efforts with our LP base
- Identify and drive commercialization partnerships for portfolio companies with Prudential and other corporate partners
- Supporting the Partners on other firm matters as needed
- Deep expertise in Enterprise IT
- 2–6 years of work experience
- Venture capital experience or experience at a high growth enterprise IT company with demonstrated extensive network of startups required
- Background in engineering or computer science is a plus
This is a full time role. Based in the Bay Area. Immediate start.