Energy Impact Partners
Energy Impact Partners (EIP) is a global investment platform leading the transition to a sustainable energy future. EIP brings together bold entrepreneurs and some of the world’s most forward-looking energy and industrial companies to advance clean energy innovation. EIP has over $2 billion in assets under management and invests globally across venture, growth, and credit.
Do want to play an active role in enabling the clean energy transition and contribute to the net-zero carbon economy? Do you want to work with entrepreneurs who are developing cutting-edge technologies and create relationships with large industrials that will make a real impact on the sustainable energy future on a regular basis? EIP is seeking a Research & Innovation Associate (RIA) to support our sector research, utility and industrial partner engagement, and portfolio business development efforts. The RIA will play a critical role in advancing EIP’s mission to identify and scale innovative clean energy technologies and business models.
Applicants should have a keen interest in energy, sustainability, and innovation and can expect to get exposure to board-level utility strategy, entrepreneurial growth strategy, cleantech investing, market intelligence, business development, and corporate ESG. Curiosity, the ability to learn quickly, strong analytical skills, and excellent organization and follow-through are paramount to this role. Experience in the energy industry — specifically in transportation electrification, smart homes and buildings, DERs, clean fuels, or industrial decarbonization – is a plus.
The RIA will report to EIP’s SVP of Research & Innovation and will collaborate closely with EIP’s customer experience and investment teams. The position is based in New York. There is ample opportunity for advancement for the right candidate who demonstrates strong performance.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Delivering sectoral research and strategic insight
- Conduct analysis on a wide variety of topics, synthesizing research and data points from diverse sources to create novel insights and predictions
- Utilize EIP’s unique resources and reach to go beyond the surface level to develop insights that cannot be found elsewhere
- Develop market landscapes to better understand the ecosystem of companies in a given market and identify potentially investable companies
· Identify the transformational impacts emerging technologies may have on our partners’ businesses
- Lead logistics and generate original content for working groups of subject matter experts. As RIA gains experience, independently lead topical workshops and research efforts
Supporting the portfolio
- Channel EIP’s market insights and partner ecosystem to help EIP portfolio companies to enhance product-market fit and establish successful go-to-market strategies
- Provide research support for specific business development opportunities – e.g. reading and summarizing utility financial reports and regulatory filings
- Develop portfolio collateral to support financial and strategic business case development for our portfolio’s solutions in various utility environments
Maintaining our toolsets
- Expand and make periodic updates to our library of materials on our portfolio companies
- Expand and maintain our database of information on our utility partners, and their engagement with the portfolio
- Develop narratives and build slide content to support EIP insight presentations
Advancing the big picture initiatives
· Present, both publicly and privately, to share EIP’s research and insights with our partners and the outside world
- Develop presentations for senior executives to help our partners build cultures of innovation and ease the barriers to new technology deployment
- Plan and execute events that give our portfolio broader industry exposure
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Prior experience in energy or demonstrated ability to learn a complex industry quickly
- Excellent organizational skills, and verbal and written communication skills
- A proven track record of working effectively on a team and being a good teammate
- Analytical and financial skills sufficient to develop complex business cases
- Comfort and experience operating unsupervised, undirected, and without extensive precedence
- A willingness to work on event management and related administrative matters
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting; business development; corporate strategy, finance, or operations; energy market analysis; or other relevant fields
- A bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering, or another relevant field
If interested, please apply here.