Eastlink Capital is a venture capital firm primarily focusing on early-stage investment opportunities in Silicon Valley. We differentiate ourselves by focusing on only enterprise cloud opportunities, where we have domain knowledge and can leverage our expertise in Asia. Our founders have both deep investment and operating experiences in our target sectors. As hand-on investors, we have track records of helping our portfolio companies to scale. Our Managing Partner serves on the board and rolls up the sleeve to provide value-add in financing, recruiting, and going to market, etc.
Our portfolio companies include Databricks (a world’s leading data and AI company), TigerGraph (the fastest and most scalable graph analytics platform), StreamNative (a unified data messaging and streaming platform founded by the creators of Apache Pulsar), MotherDuck (serverless cloud offerings built on DuckDB, one of the Top #3 fastest-growing open-source database), and many others. Check out our website: http://eastlinkcap.com/
About this position – Full-time Analyst / Associate
· Start Date: As soon as possible
· Location: Menlo Park, California
· How to apply: send your resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will entail the full aspect of venture investment particularly the day-to-day operation of our firm including driving the whole investment process from deal sourcing to due diligence, to deal execution and closing, and to portfolio management. We are looking for a self-starter and highly motivated entrepreneur/professional who wants to be a member of our core team to build a top tier investment firm specializing in enterprise cloud, especially Data Infra and AI/ML. Contingent on performance, this position has high growth potential and is partner tracked.
Our fund operates as a lean team, and everyone is expected to function independently and contributing to the team. This position will report to and be under the apprenticeship of a general partner at the firm.
The role involves the following responsibilities:
· Research: Identify key investment themes utilizing top-down and bottom-up approaches. Perform market research and due diligence for potential investments, which could entail analytical modeling, products and services testing, interviews with industry experts.
· Deal sourcing: Identify potential investment targets through market landscape mapping and technology trend monitoring. It will be great if you can help establish new and enhance existing relationships with founders/CEOs and industry experts.
· Deal execution: Prepare investment memos and present thoughtful and rigorous analysis to Investment Committee and work with lawyers on the documentations to close deals.
· Portfolio company management: Share strategic insights and competitive analysis, introduce customers and investors to companies for next round of financing, attend board meetings, and write portfolio company report including valuation analysis.
· Sharp intellect, intellectual honesty, good work ethic, flexibility, and high integrity.
· Strong drive and the ability to self-direct. The scope of work is open-ended by nature and this person must be able to identify and execute on opportunities with little, if any, supervision.
· Bachelor’s degree or a graduate degree in computer science or engineering or business/economics. BA degree in liberal arts will also be considered, but an appetite for technology particularly software strongly preferred.
· Relevant experience in product, technology or investment banking/consulting is very helpful, but not required.
· Strong communication and presentation (written and oral) skills to analyze and distill complex matters into succinct messages.
· Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with founders and other investors.
· Proficient in oral and written Mandarin desired but not required.