Point72 Ventures is a global venture capital strategy led by a diverse set of domain experts with the capital and mandate to lead rounds through all stages of a company’s growth, from idea to IPO. The team invests in founders with bold ideas who use the latest technologies to drive transformational change across industries. Point72 Ventures offers entrepreneurs access to expertise and insights, executive and technical talent, and hands-on support. With offices in the U.S. and Europe, Point72 Ventures is an affiliate of Point72, the global asset manager founded by Steven A. Cohen. For more information, visit p72.vc.
Our Deep Tech team is looking for a passionate, hard-working individual to join our investment team as part of a two-year Associate program. Our Associates conduct industry research, source investment opportunities, perform rigorous due diligence, and support our portfolio companies.
We are technical investors that like to dive deep into segments of the market where we believe technology can be most transformative. Our team-first approach means Associates are expected to not only investigate themes by talking to companies, potential founders, and domain experts but also effectively share their findings by modeling out scenarios, testing assumptions, synthesizing their learnings, and iterating with the team’s feedback. Our Associates gain exposure to our diligence and deal processes, and have the opportunity to source, underwrite, and support multiple promising deep tech investments each year.
What Excites You
- Learning about new technologies (especially AI/ML, robotics, space, and other “deep tech”)
- Talking with industry participants about hard problems and potential futures
- Crunching the numbers, analyzing business fundamentals, building useful models
- Making smart, informed investment recommendations and constantly learning from them
- Building new things and iterating on them quickly and openly
- Working with and contributing to the culture of a small team
What Excites Us
- “Deep generalists” who pride themselves on being knowledgeable, resourceful, and able to learn complex concepts quickly
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and project management skills
- A strong “toolkit” (familiarity with SaaS platforms such as Slack, Affinity, Notion, and Airtable)
- People who “elevate the room” through their work ethic, curiosity, and attitude
- Great team players who care about and contribute to a thriving team culture
What Success Looks Like
- Ownership – You take charge of your work, uphold your commitments, and never drop the ball
- Prioritization – You focus on what matters most and wait on the rest; you’re great at thoughtfully saying no to others
- Adaptability – You can triage needs and context-switch quickly and effortlessly
- Communications – You have excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Teamwork – Everyone loves working with you and feels energized after engaging with you
- Integrity – You demonstrate 100% commitment to the highest ethical standards
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Volunteer opportunities
- Support for employee-led affinity groups representing women, people of color and the LGBT+ community
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
The annual base salary for this role is $243,000, which does not include discretionary bonus compensation or our comprehensive benefits package. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things.