Connexa Capital, Associate (Investment Professional)
Connexa Capital Overview
Founded by a group of successful Miami-based entrepreneurs, Connexa Capital (“Connexa”) partners with Seed to Series A companies and supports founders with its experienced team of successful business leaders and its extensive network. Connexa seeks to invest in businesses with compelling unit economics, demonstrated product-market fit, and large and growing addressable markets. This is the first institutional fund for Connexa and has exceeded Connexa’s initial targeted fund size. Connexa is led by the firm’s Managing Partner, Jonathan Beda, who previously led investments in Home Chef (sold to Kroger), Halo Cars (sold to Lyft), Material Bank ($2B valuation), Terra Kaffe, and Cay Skin. Connexa leverages its deep bench of Executive Partners who have experience building and operating best-in-class companies and help Connexa evaluate prospective investments and add value to its portfolio companies. Connexa’s team of Executive Partners includes successful investors and operators from Goldman Sachs, Blumberg Capital, SoftBank, GoPuff, Zumba, Home Chef, Apple, Google, and Tiffany & Co. Connexa was founded in 2022 and is based in Miami, Florida.
Company website: https://connexacapital.com/
Connexa is looking to add an Associate to its investment team.
This person will be actively involved in all stages of deals from sourcing to execution to portfolio company support. She/He is a core member of the investment team and may be fully in charge of one or several modules of the deal process including initial screening, management calls, business due diligence, market research, and transaction documentation. This person may also support the firm’s fundraising efforts. This is intended to be a Pre-MBA position, a two-year program with the opportunity to advance into more senior positions within the investment team.
This person will report to the Vice President, Pauline Chan, and will also work closely with the Managing Partner, Jonathan Beda. She/He is preferably based in Miami or New York, but Connexa will consider a remote work schedule with periodic travel to the office.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Manages deal flow funnel and works with Managing Partner and Vice President on sourcing and screening prospective investment opportunities
- Conducts introductory and diligence calls with founders and management teams
- Participates in all aspects of due diligence, including financial modelling, business and competitive analysis, market research, deal structuring, and customer and management reference calls
- Creates presentation materials for investment committee review, articulating investment theses, and highlighting key transaction considerations and unique insights
- Participates in investment committee meetings and weekly pipeline calls
- Supports negotiations of transaction documentation and manages interactions with internal and external legal advisors and Connexa investment team
- Supports the firm’s existing investments, including follow-on transactions, business development opportunities, and internal reporting
- Works closely with Connexa’s team of Executive Partners
- Supports Connexa’s fundraising initiatives and LP communications
The Associate will be an investment professional with 1-3 years of combined experience in Investment Banking (M&A, Technology Coverage preferred), or a Tier-1 Strategy Consulting firm; and Venture Capital & Private Equity (not required).
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- Autonomous and self-motivated to achieve success and realize potential
- Analyzes situations and mechanisms of value creation
- Thoroughly respects schedules: on-time and accurate delivery
- Sharp-minded, hard-worker, well rounded and structured professional
- Strong multitasker: capability to handle multiple, simultaneous demands
- Committed and resilient / takes accountability for own actions
- Calm under pressure and maintains composure even during stressful situations
- Structured approach to problem solving, very strong attention to detail and quality
- Strong critical thinking and pattern recognition skills
- Good written communication skills
- Active team player in all settings
- Respectful in all situations with internal and external parties
- Exceptional work ethic
- Graduated with a BA/BSc from a Tier-1 academic institution or equivalent degree