Apply here: https://forms.gle/xSBRjLc57BKQsh8R7
Company Ventures is NYC’s foremost venture community. We combine programming, expertise, space and capital to accelerate success for exceptional founders and startups.
We predominantly invest in healthcare, fintech and B2B software businesses at pre-seed, seed and series A stages. The firm currently manages ~$150mm AUM through its Fund I (2018), Fund II (2022) and Growth investment vehicles.
Notable portfolio investments include:
- Healthcare: Maven, Centivo, Eden, Season, Particle, Nomad, Octave, Elaborate, Hero, Nara, Stepful, Reverence, Juno, Oova, Axle
- Fintech: Kafene, Carta, Wingspan, Walnut, Boom, Alto, Toolbox, Alternative, Moneykit, Republic, Capital, Pinwheel
- B2B SaaS: Timescale, Tropic, Oso, Anvyl, Onaroll, Zenlytic, NewtonX, Charthop, Here, Vowel, Beehiiv
Company Ventures’ flagship program, the Grand Central Tech (GCT) Residency, is a year-long no equity, no rent residency program purposefully built for NYC’s premier founders and their operating teams. The residency is hosted at CompanyHQ, a one-of-a-kind, vertically-integrated tech campus purposefully in the heart of NYC. Since its inception, GCT has supported over 160 companies and 350 founders, who have collectively raised over $3B in venture capital and comprise NYC’s premier early-stage startup community.
About the Role
Company Ventures is hiring for an Investment Associate. Detailed responsibilities are listed below. This individual will be responsible for ongoing investment support (diligence, operations and sourcing) and Grand Central Tech programming execution. GCT is a critical part of Company Ventures’ investment pipeline, and this individual will be a core contributor to the team’s sourcing, reviewing, & onboarding GCT applicants as well as investment decision making into these companies.
Compared with other investment roles, this is a unique opportunity to work closely with many of NYC’s top startup founders. We literally co-work with 20-30 highly talented startups & their founders everyday – it’s an unrivaled opportunity to see what early stage tech and investing really looks like.
1) Investment Diligence & Operations Support
- Conduct due-diligence in direct support of the Investment Committee on early stage investment opportunities (focus areas include B2B SaaS, Health, & Fintech)
- Participate in the sourcing & selection of Grand Central Tech Residency startups
- Support fund operations and strategic projects, on an as needed basis.
2) GCT Founder Residency Program
- Manage strategic program communications & touch points including founder all-hands, investment team check-ins and inter-founder connections.
- Establish tactical programming & resources to address dynamic founder & startup needs.
- Support founders through our signature North Star program, from the discovery process for articulating their Vision, Mission and Values to putting these into practice.
- Assist startups with their hiring needs through our alumni/talent database.
This Role is Right for You If…
- You have a keen understanding for analyzing new businesses (market-sizing, business models, product, brand, competitive analysis)
- You’re passionate about technology, finance, entrepreneurship, and venture & want to further your career as an investment professional.
- You’re excited about community building and fostering those connections both IRL and online.
- You’re an excellent communicator and would feel comfortable presenting to top tech founders.
- You’re organized and have great database management skills (ex: excel, sheets, & airtable).
- You’re a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
We’re looking for experienced candidates in one or more of the following roles:
- Building and scaling startup companies as an operator (operations, product, business dev)
- Working at a venture capital firm or incubator.
- Management consulting or innovation strategy.
- Community building or working in a membership-driven organization.
- Coaching or facilitating workshops for senior business executives.
No requirements on education.
Start date: April 18 , 2023 (start date potentially flexible)
Cash Compensation: $110,000-$120,000 Salary
Location: New York City
We are headquartered in NYC at 335 Madison, the Company Building. This position will require a minimum of 3 days/week in the office.
How to Apply: Interested applicants can apply at this google form link.
Company Ventures Core Values
Our vision is to enable and align worthwhile intentions with ambitious growth. Our values guide our behavior at every step:
- Empathetic Excellence – Excellence is the moment where consistent execution meets a worthy task. We aspire to meet this moment daily, while acknowledging our role is always to meet all of our companies where they are, excellent themselves or not, and give them the support they need.
- Good Humored Earnestness – We are unapologetically seeking to influence how venture works at the earliest stages towards a better, fairer, more thoughtful outcome as we see it. We’ll get where we’re going with data, goodwill, and good humor, not browbeating.
- Care. A Lot – We will be good to one another and to the people we work with. We will take the time to ask people who they are and how they are. When external circumstances call for it, we will pause and check on ourselves, our community, and comment as necessary and appropriate to show solidarity in the moments that matter.
- Can Do – We are a small team with a huge opportunity in front of us. We will get there by each member of the team adopting and retaining a spirit of adaptability and grit.
- Inviting – As a network and hospitality oriented organization we should be welcoming to our founders, companies and guests, no matter their orientation, at all times.