Chartline Capital Partners
Chartline invests in high-growth B2B enterprise technology companies, working to make core industries more efficient, reliable, and safe. We aim to invest after companies have started scaling their go-to-market and help exceptional founders and management teams accelerate growth. Chartline’s partnership is rooted in entrepreneurship, having sat on both sides of the table. We believe that entrepreneurship and venture capital can be leveraged to improve the world around us.
The associate will be a hands-on contributor to all aspects of operating a venture fund. The ideal candidate is passionate about working in an execution-focused environment that inspires people to do their best work. This is a two or three-year role with the expectation that the associate moves on to business school afterward.
We have offices in Boston, MA and Wilmington, DE. We are open to remote and would strongly prefer candidates in the Mid-Atlantic or Northeast in that case.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work closely with colleagues to source, evaluate, and invest in world-changing early-stage startups
• Participate or lead in the due diligence process, including completion of business and market assessments and development of investment memorandums – providing critical input and influence on investment decisions
• Interacting directly with top entrepreneurs and executive teams from the initial call to post-investment management
• Assist with important fund administration activities and quarterly reporting to limited partners
• Willingness to travel when necessary (approximately 2-3+ times a year)
• 2-4 years of experience, with a background in management consulting, investment banking, or venture capital strongly preferred.
• Strong understanding of general business concepts and financial metrics, including SaaS. Comfort and ability to perform total addressable market analysis and develop research on nascent markets
• Passion for everything startups and ventures capital – a general understanding of venture capital concepts and terms is required, but experience is not
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to quickly gather and synthesize information, draw appropriate conclusions, and make value-added recommendations
• 4-year degree from a competitive school. No MBAs, please.