TLDR: We are looking to hire an investor to join our growing San Francisco office to focus on verticals such as energy, mobility, and new materials. This would be an immediate start position.
About Cathay Innovation
Cathay Innovation is a rapidly growing global venture capital fund investing in startups at the center of digital revolution across North America, Europe, China, and Africa. From offices in San Francisco, Paris, Shanghai and Singapore, we are currently investing out of Fund III, a new $1B vehicle launched in summer of 2022, backing startups positively impacting the world.
We are affiliated with pioneering investment firm Cathay Capital with a team of nearly 100 professionals around the world and ~$4.5B AUM across a variety of investment strategies.
Cathay Innovation was founded in Paris in 2015 under the conviction that we can make a difference for entrepreneurs on a mission to drive change through technology. Firmly believing that the best innovations don’t happen in silos, we go beyond the traditional venture capital playbook by providing entrepreneurs with the support of a unique worldwide ecosystem that helps startups grow and lead on the local or global stage.
Our platform — bridging entrepreneurs with innovation centers, investors and Fortune 500 companies across continents — grants startups access to new markets, invaluable industry knowledge and introductions to potential partners with the world’s leading corporations from the start. In addition to our traditional LPs, we’re fortunate to count over 20 leading global corporations as investors in our Fund. Working closely with the C-level executives and business unit leaders driving innovation across their organizations, we help our corporate partners reach their goals while facilitating collaborations within our portfolio to fuel growth.
Cathay Innovation has invested in over 100 startups across the world (19 unicorns), including Chime Bank (unicorn), Glovo (acquired by Delivery Hero), Ledger (unicorn), Peek, ZenBusiness (unicorn), Trifacta (acquired by Alteryx), Sidecar Health (unicorn), Skan, PinDuoDuo (NASDAQ:PDD), Laiye, Momenta, Wallbox (NYSE:WBX), Owkin (unicorn), Descartes Underwriting, and many more. We also had our first IPO in Fund I, the four-year-old PinDuoDuo and second largest e-commerce player in China, went public on the Nasdaq for nearly $30B in 2018.
What the role entails
- Supporting deal execution, building financial models, preparing investment memos, and board work
- Building investment theses, sourcing new investments and monitoring internal deal pipeline
- Working closely with our strategic corporate ecosystem to share relevant deal flow updates and participating in reporting to LPs
- Attending networking events and conferences on behalf of the firm
- Vertical focus in energy, mobility, and new materials. Cloud infrastructure + Open Source are a plus
- 3–5 years of experience with technology companies, either at a buy-side investment firm, investment banking/consulting firm, corporate development, or as a PM at a company.
- Highly analytical with an interest in sifting through, and identifying trends within, large volumes of data + basic understanding of financial modeling and accounting
- Demonstrated ability to develop a point of view and build networks/relationships
- Self-starter that has the desire to be part of a fast-developing, entrepreneurial project
- Technical degree along with previous experience in areas such as energy and mobility
Cathay Innovation launches third multi-stage startup fund at $1B