Canvas is a mission-driven VC firm that leads series A investments in transformative companies. With $835M AUM and a winning track record, our team is growing.
Canvas Ventures’ current portfolio and key investment areas include Fintech (Keyway, Possible Finance), Marketplaces (Zola, Roofstock, Flyhomes), and Digital Health (Airvet, Vida, Pine Park Health).
The partners are also known for investments made prior to Canvas, which include: Lending Club, MuleSoft, Houzz, Evernote, NexTag, Check, Doximity, Upwork, Strava, and Faire.
Role: Canvas Associate
As an Associate, you will join four seasoned partners, closely collaborating with them and be a critical member of a tightly knit investment team.
- Driving thesis generation by building market landscapes and conducting other market research to drive informed investment and sourcing efforts
- Sourcing investments to find technology companies that can make a large impact
- Evaluating investments
- Winning investments
- Supporting portfolio companies
Location: This role is based in the Bay Area.
- 2-5 years of work experience in tech startups, high-performing companies, or management consulting / investment banking with a demonstrated passion for technology and entrepreneurship
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field, e.g. finance, economics, engineering, or science preferred. MBA or graduate degree not required, but new/recent grads from business schools will be considered if this role is a match
- Demonstrated interest in the startup ecosystem
- Existing base of relationships with founders is preferred
- Strong product/technology sense
- Team player who wants to work closely and collaborate with the other members of the organization
If interested, please apply here.