We are a leading global investment firm and aim to help endowments & foundations, pension plans, and high net worth private clients implement and manage custom investment portfolios that generate outperformance and enable them to maximize their impact on the world. Working alongside its early clients, Cambridge Associates pioneered the strategy of high-equity orientation and broad diversification, which since its inception in the 1980s has been a primary driver of performance for institutional investors. Today, we deliver a range of portfolio management services, including outsourced CIO, non-discretionary portfolio management, investment staff extension, and asset class mandates. Cambridge Associates maintains offices in major financial centers across the globe, with headquarters in Boston, MA.Working with some of the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors, we bring a deep knowledge of portfolio management best practices to the clients we serve, and select our colleagues with great attention to their potential to become a valuable member of a collaborative, intelligent and hard-working team .Position OverviewInvestment Associates (IAs) on the Venture Capital team assist Investment Directors (IDs) in the evaluation of venture capital and growth equity firms and the monitoring of current market conditions for the benefit of Cambridge Associates and its clients. The US Venture Capital team consists of three IAs, who work under the supervision of three IDs.Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate and participate in fundraising meetings and portfolio updates with general partners. Participate in manager assessment process and write summary analyses of each meeting for distribution within the firm.
- Work with IDs to diligence and underwrite investments in venture capital and growth equity firms. Due diligence responsibilities include attending and participating in on-site meetings; analyzing a manager’s organization, investment strategy, investment performance, and fund legal terms; conducting reference calls with portfolio company CEOs and senior-level professionals; and preparing materials for committee meetings.
- Serve as a resource to client-facing IDs and Investment Associates (IAs) seeking current information on venture capital opportunities, including data and analysis, comparison to other fund managers, and the opinion of the research team.
- Monitor market trends related to fundraising and investment activity and contribute to periodic market updates that are accessed by IDs, IAs, and clients.
- Prepare materials for and participate in monthly firm-wide meetings in which the global private investments team discusses recent manager meetings and current investment opportunities of interest with client-facing investment directors.
- Represent Cambridge Associates at annual manager meetings.
- Received or expected BA/BS in any discipline (minimum GPA of 3.3)
- Demonstrated interest in venture capital and growth equity asset classes and understanding of its role in a diversified institutional portfolio
- San Francisco office preferred
- Strong writing ability and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability and willingness to engage in conversation with managers and references
- Solid MS Office skills (in particular, Word and Excel)
- Strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team under tight deadlines
- Excellent project management skills
- Willingness to travel (US)