Blumberg Capital, a leading technology-focused venture capital firm, is hiring an Associate with strong technical skills and relevant work experience to join our growing team. Associates play a critical role in all aspects of the investment process and will interact with team members at all levels. As an Associate, you will research and develop theses on new investment sectors, conduct due diligence on potential investments, support portfolio companies, and source proprietary deal flow. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and a team player with experience handling a wide range of due diligence, analysis, and related tasks and can work independently with guidance and team support. Top candidates are highly analytical and can contextualize metrics to appropriately define risk vs. reward.
Blumberg Capital’s strong heritage in early-stage venture capital uniquely positions the firm to continuously invest in emerging winners in their portfolio and lead new investments in category-defining companies. This is an excellent opportunity to join and support the firm’s early-stage investment strategy and the formation of its emerging growth strategy focused on expansion and late-stage growth companies. This is intended as a two-year position, typically followed by a business school or an operational role. There may be an opportunity for exceptional candidates to continue with a career track at Blumberg Capital.
▪ Deal sourcing – identify and engage potential investment opportunities through networking,
cold outreach, conferences, etc.
▪ Research and thesis development – research markets and specific industry trends, create and
maintain market maps for strategic and financial targets
▪ Investment review – conduct timely initial review of investment prospects, assess deal fit, and
prioritize according to the firm’s investment criteria
▪ Due diligence – participate in all aspects of company due diligence, including business KPIs,
financial and valuation analyses, as well as technology and competitive market reviews for
▪ Presentations – prepare materials for team members on fund, portfolio, and thematic topics for
internal and external audiences
▪ Portfolio – monitor and support portfolio companies as needed and appropriate, e.g., financial
analysis, fundraising, strategy, marketing, and recruiting
Experience and Required Qualities/Attributes:
▪ Technical undergraduate degree with an outstanding academic track record
▪ 2-3 years of relevant experience in investment banking, management consulting, venture
capital, private equity, or other relevant background
▪ Strong understanding of information technology from a technical and/or market perspective
▪ Must be quantitative and analytical with strong research and financial modeling skills
▪ Excellent written and oral communication skills to connect effectively with all levels
▪ Solid organizational and time management skills: process-oriented, thoughtful, always well
prepared and organized
▪ Self-motivated team player with a positive can-do attitude, good instincts, and a strong desire
▪ Ability to handle multiple and complex tasks with perseverance, discretion, and tact
▪ Flexible, Ability to meet tight deadlines and respond to changing requirements
▪ Take initiative and ownership and be willing to go above and beyond without being asked
Base Salary: $110,000 to $140,000/year
Actual starting base salary will be determined based on skills, experience, and other non-discriminatory factors permitted by law. Total compensation may also include carried interests, bonuses, and benefits, as outlined in any formal offer made.