Baird Venture Capital
Baird Capital is the direct private investment group of Robert W. Baird & Co. (“Baird”) and includes both venture capital and private equity funds. Baird is a leading, employee-owned middle market financial services firm with over 4,800 employees and over 200 locations across the US, Europe, and Asia. Baird has been on Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For list for 19 consecutive years – placing 48th in 2022. Our affiliation with Baird provides us with access to a global knowledge platform consisting of intellectual and human capital in the sectors in which we invest.
For over 20 years, Baird Capital’s Venture Capital team has partnered with entrepreneurs to build innovative, high-growth companies within the technology and services sectors. We have managed over $800 million of capital and invested in over 80 companies since inception, partnering with companies with strong and experienced management teams, capital-efficient business models, and differentiated products or services that address large market opportunities. We strive to be an active and value-added investment partner, proactively leveraging our deep sector knowledge, investment experience, and global network of resources to help build exceptional companies.
As an Associate, US Venture Capital – Technology & Services, you will:
Be an integral member of the investment team. Responsibilities will include financial modeling, assisting with investment execution including due diligence and valuation, portfolio management responsibilities and assisting with marketing & network development. It is expected that this individual will be able to thoroughly evaluate the merits and risks of potential investment opportunities, will have strong communication skills, and will have excellent quantitative analytical capabilities. This is a two-year development-oriented position.
What We Look For
- Strong academic background, leading G.P.A. from top-tier undergraduate institution.
- Two to four years of relevant work experience, including but not limited to investment banking, public accounting, private equity and venture capital
- Investment or operating experience with early-stage companies, or companies in the technology and services sectors is preferred but not required
What Makes This Opportunity Great
- Opportunity to work on a small and collaborative team while learning the foundational skills necessary to be successful in the investment industry
- Strong references and referrals into top MBA programs, portfolio companies, or other investor groups upon successful completion of two-year program
- Highly energetic environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and give back to the communities where we live and work
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
What We Look For
- Commitment to an ethical approach in dealings, teamwork and a strong team culture
- Strong work ethic, willingness to travel
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of financial statements, financial modeling, and data analysis
- Attention to detail and demonstrates sound investment judgement and makes well-reasoned recommendations
- Strong oral and written communication skills – ability to effectively exchange ideas and information; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Mature demeanor and projects an executive presence in meetings
- Networking and brand development skills
- Ability to think creatively to develop and find opportunities, solve problems and create value
- Organizational skills, ability to tolerate peak workloads and multiple assignments
- Ability to communicate and work in a collaborative environment