B Capital Group
At B Capital Group, we strive to be the highest value add partner to entrepreneurs. To do so, we have built an array of platform resources and capabilities that we make available to our companies to help them address a broad range of operational challenges. The Strategy & Operations Associate will play a key role in achieving our objective, working closely with the rest of the platform team and directly with portfolio companies to drive value across our portfolio.
B Capital is looking for a Strategy & Operations Associate, Healthcare whose primary responsibilities will include collaborating closely with our portfolio companies on key strategic projects, managing portfolio company reporting, and communicating recommendations that will drive operational efficiency and strategic positioning across our portfolio. This individual will focus on our growing portfolio within the Healthcare vertical.
The role requires maturity, flexibility, intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action. The ideal candidate will have an authentic appreciation for B Capital’s mission to back transformative entrepreneurs.
Basic Job Responsibilities
- Partner with Platform and Investment teams to drive strategic initiatives alongside B Capital portfolio company leadership teams
- Conduct primary (expert interviews, surveys, etc.) research and secondary research (desk research, data collection, reporting) on industry trends, competitors, and market factors affecting our portfolio companies, as needed
- Develop financial models and diagnostic analysis to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancing portfolio company revenue and profitability
- Gather and interpret data, execute analysis, and consolidate information into actionable operating plans, playbooks, and/or case studies
- Define, track, and analyze KPIs to measure commercial success of each program / initiative
- Manage portfolio company reporting, including quarterly and limited partner (LP) reporting
Basic Job Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience in management consulting, venture capital, or late stage startup experience in a strategy or analyst role
- Experience in Healthcare strategy, finance, or business development
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Proficiency with statistic or dataset analytics, particularly Excel
- Exceptional project management, quantitative, and communication skills
- Highly proactive, detail-oriented, organized and efficient
- Track record of advising senior level executives
- Intellectually curious, particularly in terms of new and emerging Healthcare trends and technologies
- Experience with detailed financial modelling, primary and secondary market research, comfortable interpreting financial statements
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Inherent understanding of emerging technologies and the business implications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfort with slides and presentations
- Capacity to take on significant work volume while being responsive with quick turnaround times
- Willing to roll up sleeves and work independently to get things done
- Ability to work collaboratively in an entrepreneurial, fast-moving team environment
At B Capital, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. As a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must show proof of such vaccination.
About b Capital
B Capital is a multi-stage global investment firm that partners with extraordinary entrepreneurs to shape the future through technology. With over $3.5 billion in assets under management across multiple funds, we focus on seed to late-stage growth investments, primarily in the enterprise, financial technology and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2015, B Capital leverages an integrated team across eight locations in the US and Asia, as well as a strategic partnership with BCG, to provide the value-added support entrepreneurs need to scale fast and efficiently, expand into new markets and build exceptional companies. For more information, click here.
b Capital Group Core Values
- B Honest & Trustworthy – Our people and our culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other. We speak the truth with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, are intellectually open, and are constantly learning and growing.
- B Open & Inclusive – Our diverse composition gives us broad and varied perspectives that drive better investments. We find ways to better ourselves and our communities, increasing transparency, fairness, and respect in every interaction. We thrive on the unique qualities of our people, and how together, these qualities make us special.
- B Collaborative – We believe in we vs I, and operate as one global team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and that we are better together. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- B Bold – We take risks and understand that at times we may fail. We learn from our failures; we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- B Humble – We are humble and believe in winning together with gratitude, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. We are low ego, and lift each other up.
- B Persistent – When we get knocked down, we rise back up. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that only grit can help us overcome. We know our individual and collective goals and won’t stop short of achieving them.
- B Evolving – We innovate and advocate with boundless curiosity and creativity. We always have a startup mentality.
IF interested, please apply here.