Assurant Ventures (“AV”) is the venture capital arm of Assurant. Through our dedicated team of venture capital professionals, AV invests in early-stage, high-growth technology businesses that may be complementary or disruptive to Assurant. The team has two main objectives, driving both financial returns through our investments and strategic value through our connectivity to the venture capital investor and startup ecosystem. On the strategic side, the AV team supports a wide range of activities such as facilitating commercial/capability partnerships with high-growth startups as well as identifying and evaluating disruptive market trends. Since inception in 2015, Assurant Ventures has connected with more than 3,000 startups and invested more than $130 million across 28 companies
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Assist in the identification and tracking of growing, early-stage companies that align with Assurant’s growth strategies and represent good investment opportunities
- Perform market research and value chain analyses to build investment theses
- Lead outreach to identified company management and screen for potential fit
- Maintain detailed database of company outreach and developing opportunities
- Build relationships with VC and PE Funds, incubators, entrepreneurs, investment banks, etc. to build a high value network of potential external sources for investment opportunities
- Assist in valuation models & scenario analyses
- Assist in the formation of investment hypothesis and presentation to Assurant Ventures Investment Committee
- Support diligence process including market diligence, company valuation, negotiation of key terms, and confirmatory legal diligence and other items
- Manage internal reporting and sharing of insights
- Liaise with, support, and monitor existing portfolio companies; includes managing portfolio company financial performance and related analysis
- Liaise with internal business and strategy leaders to refine AV strategy
- Identify insights based on research, networking and learnings from portfolio companies and effectively communicate the insights back to the right set of business leaders within AIZ on a periodic basis, as appropriate
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year accredited college
- 2+ years of post-collegiate experience in a quantitative role
- Demonstrable competency building basic financial models in excel
- Proficiency with MS Office suite including Excel and PowerPoint
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- 2+ years of post-collegiate experience in investment banking, management consulting or quantitative corporate environment
- Other priorities include interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Individual should be self-motivated
- Excellent communication and client-oriented skills
- Demonstrated relationship building and partnering skills
- Able to work effectively in fast paced and changing environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Cultural fit to Assurant in regard to values and ethics
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
Environment/Physical Demands: This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone. Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If interested, please apply here.