Anzu Partners is an investment firm that focuses on industrial and life science technology companies with the potential to transform their industries. We team with entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize technological innovations by providing capital and deep expertise in business development, market positioning, global connectivity, and operations.
Anzu manages approximately $1 billion in capital commitments, and we have developed a robust team of investment professionals, technical specialists, and operational support to drive results for our 25+ portfolio companies. In 2016, we launched Anzu Industrial Capital Partners, our first venture equity fund, to invest in North American-based private industrial technology companies with approximately $128m in committed capital. In 2019, we launched our second industrial and life science technology fund, Anzu Industrial Capital Partners II, with $190m in committed capital and an expanded set of institutional investors. In early 2020, we launched our growth capital fund, Anzu RBI Preferred Mezzanine and became a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). In March of 2021 Anzu raised $420m in an Initial Public Offering of a SPAC, and we are now targeting companies that make transformative technologies with industrial applications.
While Anzu Partners focuses primarily on the United States and Canada, we have invested in companies with substantial operations in Singapore and Australia. Our portfolio includes companies that have achieved breakthroughs in the physical sciences, such as developing the first high-powered blue-wavelength laser for no-spatter welds, and the life sciences, such as receiving the first FDA approval for a blood test for concussion. Our companies deliver strong returns for our investors, whether through public listing via IPO or acquisition by larger industrial players such as Siemens, and drive discoveries that improve our world.
Anzu Partners has offices in Boston, MA, San Diego, CA, Washington, DC and Tampa, FL.
About the role
The Associate will join our Investment Team and focus on identification, diligence, and support of startup companies who are developing products and services in the life sciences.
The position is in person in our San Diego, CA office.
- Sourcing – you will form strong networks with entrepreneurs, researchers, and investors to actively identify new, promising technology companies.
- Technical and Scientific Due Diligence – you will evaluate prospective investments by researching new technologies, participating in pitch calls, evaluating market trends, communicating with subject matter experts, and analyzing business metrics.
- Portfolio Support – you will work directly with our portfolio companies on a broad range of functional areas – product development, commercialization, and operations, amongst others.
- 2+ years of prior work experience in management consulting, venture capital, private equity, or investment banking;
- PhD in a life science field;
- Strong analytical capabilities including financial modeling;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including written, oral, and digital;
- Strong demonstrated professionalism and an ability to manage expectations and personalities of a diverse group of executives.