Amplify Capital is a North American seed-stage impact venture fund. We invest exclusively in impact-driven early-stage companies building technologies to solve some of the world’s most pressing global health, education, and environmental problems.
We are looking for two Associate positions: (Montreal and Toronto based)
We’re looking for two passionate, mission-driven individuals, excited about investing in early-stage impact-driven businesses. Reporting to the Montreal based or the Toronto based Partners respectively, the Associates will work directly with Amplify team, existing portfolio companies, early stage companies seeking funding, and expert advisors to lead the development, evaluation, and execution of new investments. If you want to join a diverse team at the forefront of innovation and be part of the growth in impact investing, then we want to meet you!
Your responsibilities will include
- Develop in-depth investment theses in climate, health, and education
- Triage significant volumes of company pitch decks and presentations to identify those few which meet Amplify’s investment criteria
- Perform analysis to determine quantifiable impact opportunity aligned with Amplify’s stated impact targets
- Perform in-depth market analysis, and customer and sector research, to complete diligence and identify potential investment opportunities
- Build a financial model and cap table, assess business models and unit economics
- Review scientific literature and apply it to screen potential investments and identify due diligence questions
- Review product development and assess commercial readiness
- Generate and present Investment Memorandums to Amplify’s Investment Committee
- Work with and mentor the Analyst team
- Support the team with portfolio tracking and reporting processes
- Help with marketing efforts through blog posts and educational efforts in impact investing
- Participate in conferences and events, putting your networking skills to use to connect with relevant players in the ecosystem
- Assist with improving our workflows to be more efficient
- 3-6 years of experience working in an investment environment with technology oriented businesses including early stage venture capital, private equity or investment banking.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) – be comfortable pitching ideas, and be able to produce high-quality deliverables
- Love working with a small values-driven team, able to contribute to our strategy and execution processes
- Intellectually curious, and an excellent team player with a positive attitude
- Mission-driven, detail oriented and enjoy applying rigor in solving complex problems
- Enjoy networking, building new relationships and sharing ideas and opportunities with others.
- Experience or knowledge of early stage venture capital investing (Seed or Series A)
- Track record of outstanding performance in executing on deliverables
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset, high degree of ownership and a self-starter mentality
- Able to quickly ramp up on complex and / or technical concepts
- Knowledge, experience, or network in digital health, climate, or education are a plus
- A technical (Engineering, Science, Economics) degree, or proven ability to quickly ramp up on complex and / or technical concepts and/or MBA degree, CFA or CPA designation.
Working With Us
The Montreal based position will be based in our Montreal office based out of 3 Place Ville Marie. The Toronto based position will be based in Toronto, ON at our office based out of the MaRS Discovery District (101 College St). If you are looking to make an impact and have a career with purpose, contribute to the growing impact investing landscape, and work with a small and hardworking team, then you’ll fit right in. Remember, we are a start-up ourselves, building the impact investing ecosystem in Canada and we are excited to add to our team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.. We value and embrace diversity in our company and believe our unique experiences are what strengthen our work. The proof is in our diversity, each member of our current team represents a unique ethnicity and our portfolio comprises 64% women in the C-suite.
What we offer
- Offices located in two major innovation hubs in Canada
- An essential role in being part of channeling capital to improve our people and planet
- The opportunity to push yourself, take ownership, work with established leaders
- A team of accomplished, ambitious and supportive colleagues who will help you grow
- Competitive compensation, with upside in Amplify Funds
- Flexible remote work policy with central offices in Toronto and Montreal
- Generous health benefits and vacation policy
How to apply
To apply, please apply following the instructions on the following link: https://amplifycapital.applytojobs.ca/venturecapital/19416