Adams Street Partners
Adams Street Partners is a global private markets investment manager that has over $52 billion in assets under management. The firm is 100% employee-owned, which fosters a positive and unique culture of collaboration, intellectual rigor, integrity, and a commitment to professional development. For the fifth year in a row, Adams Street was named one of Pension & Investments’ Best Places to Work in Money Management in 2022.
Employees operate as a single global team, integrating the expertise of the firm’s investment professionals across five strategies: primary investments, secondary investments, growth equity, private credit, and co-investments. Adams Street is considered a private markets pioneer and was inducted into the Private Equity Hall of Fame in 2000.
The firm was founded more than 50 years ago, and clients include leading public and corporate pension plans, foundations, endowments, insurance companies, registered investment advisors, and high net worth individuals worldwide.
Adams Street has offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Chicago, London, Munich, Menlo Park, New York, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo.
The Growth Equity team is actively recruiting for an Investment Associate position in our Menlo Park, CA office. The role offers exposure to venture capital investing as the Investment Associate is responsible for assisting the team with market research, sourcing, and investment diligence.
The individual will primarily be involved with and responsible for:
- All aspects of investment due diligence: business, market, management, competitive, financial/returns modeling, cap table analysis and legal diligence
- Conducting extensive market research to bring sector insights to the team and identify potential new investment opportunities
- Working with the investment team to build out and execute upon sector investment plans
- Developing relationships with leading private companies by attending conferences and proactively meeting with entrepreneurs and other investors
- Working on selected internal processes and strategic initiatives
- 2-4 years of experience in technology investment banking, technology consulting, principal investing (mid/late-stage venture capital, growth equity or private equity), or analytical experience at a high growth tech company
- Self-starter with strong work ethic, who can handle projects from start to finish while negotiating multiple, competing deadlines
- Advanced analytical / quantitative ability and excel modeling skills
- Outstanding ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to structure and present complex ideas and information in a simple persuasive form, both written and orally
- Demonstrated passion for the technology space and growth businesses