01 Advisors is a VC firm for operators, by operators. With nearly $1 billion under management, 01 Advisors was founded by former Twitter CEO Dick Costolo and former Twitter COO Adam Bain in 2018. The 01A team invests in Series A and B companies and relies on our experience as former operators to make meaningful impact on our portfolio companies. We are seeking a highly motivated investment associate to join our small team. The role requires maturity, flexibility, intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action.
The associate will be a core part of our investment team and will evaluate and source new deals. The associate will also play an active role in supporting our existing portfolio companies.
Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities:
- Evaluate investment materials and perform internal and external research on company financials, market and competitive landscape.
- Prepare investment memos highlighting investment merits and risks under guidance from the investment team.
Source new investment opportunities:
- Develop market research and investment thesis to guide sourcing efforts.
- Network with industry thought leaders to cultivate deal flow.
- Manage and document meetings with founders.
Support portfolio companies:
- Perform ad hoc analyses to assist portfolio companies.
- 2-4 years work experience at a venture capital firm, leading investment bank, or tech corporate development practice (>1 year venture capital experience strongly preferred)
- Experience with financial modeling (operating model and P&L) and valuation analyses
- Awareness of the market and a perspective on potential investable market trends
- Excellent presentation and writing skills and ability to synthesize and large amounts of data into succinct written summaries and presentations
- Ability to develop rapport with founders and other industry partners
- Operating experience at a startup or large tech company a plus
- A team player
- Positive and resilient
- Eager to learn