WHO YOU ARE
*INVESTMENT ANALYST/ASSOCIATE *
We are looking for a full time, entry level Investment Associate to join the Investment team to source and evaluate companies in the retail technology and consumer goods landscape. You will be responsible for administrative duties, operations and execution of various sectors, projects, activities and assignments.
- Understand and research the landscape and categories under consideration and stay up to date with trends in the space
- Build a pipeline of startup brands who could become XRC investments and ultimately acquisition candidates
- Attend events/conferences and conduct interviews and channel checks to help find new startups
- Build competitive landscapes that identify the differentiations of the sourced candidates
- Build a positioning set of slides that summarize the potential of the brand
- Interview and grade founders for quality, company potential and culture fit
- Market research, presentations, and sourcing for our corporate partners
- Conduct primary and secondary research, engage in rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses, synthesize findings, and develop strategic insights to move projects forward
- Gather data needed for reports and proposals including data from a variety of databases
- Research and write-ups for diligence, market sizing, financial models, business strategy, and other ad-hoc projects
- Assist with drafting, editing, and formatting internal and external materials
- Provide as-needed support to assist with overall execution
- Contribute to a culture of high performance, collaboration, mutual support as well as a strong focus on results is foundational to our accelerator program
- Ability to thrive and grow in a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment; quick to adapt to new challenges and change
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful; takes ownership of projects and enjoys figuring things out on their own
- Ability to multitask and work with multiple teams on multiple projects, and remain organized
- Strong research, analytical and financial modeling skills, able to distill data into actionable insights in a coherent narrative
- Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills with extreme attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, driven, and great at communicating
- Team player who doesn’t hesitate to roll up sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- Knowledge and passion for startups, retail/consumer, and technology, in particular beauty, personal care and health and wellness
- Experience with startup research, sourcing, and evaluation
- Familiarity and network within the startup ecosystem
Exempt, Full Time: 45-55 hours per week
$70k+/yr (dependent on experience)
Paid Sick Leave
Paid Time Off
Hybrid or Remote Work Available
WHO WE ARE
XRC Labs is an accelerator and venture fund for the next generation of disruptors in the retail technology and consumer goods sectors. Our mission is to invest in and foster companies and products that innovate the face of retail and consumer goods fulfillment in a rapidly changing marketplace using design thinking as a key driving process. Our investments span the entire retail value chain: supply chain, store tech, online tech, analytics, consumer brands, and martech/adtech.
XRC leverages close relationships with leading corporate beauty and personal care brands, to set early stage companies up for potential investment and ultimately acquisition. We regularly consult and showcase early stage companies to these strategics, and in return get their feedback and data on how companies perform.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. It’s our job to create a stimulating environment for the people who work here. We pride ourselves on giving our employees an opportunity to explore the myriad aspects of entrepreneurial businesses and to contribute in a meaningful way.
XRC Labs is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
Companies and teams are held together by shared values. They are tangible statements of the performance we aspire to. These values drive our business in every transaction and interaction.
At XRC Labs, we
- endorse economic well-being that fosters a global improvement in the economic condition of participants in the global economy.
- embrace sustainability so the Earth we leave to future generations is a better place than when we inhabited it.
- demand honesty, integrity and fairness in our internal and external relationships.
- recognize and nurture excellence in people, technology and products.
- mentor the next generation of innovators and staff.
- share and exchange ideas in an open forum to generate new solutions.
- innovate in a collaborative environment. No task is too big or too small for anyone to take on.
- applaud initiative and encourage solutions from multiple sectors, applied to retail and consumer products.
If interested, please apply here.