Worklife is the first venture capital firm designed for a new era.
Where work is more creative and anyone can start something.
Where life is more flexible and not tied to an office.
Where everyone is a triple threat.
We’re investors in the latest tools to start your own business from anywhere including Webflow, Public, Hopin, Settle, Pipe, and over 100 other startups.
Whether it’s a podcast, jewelry line, merch shop or venture-backed tech company, Worklife has backed tools for you to start a business without ever writing a line of code.
Worklife was founded in 2019 and in our first two years the companies we’ve backed are now worth over $32B.
Our investors include Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, Slack CEO Stewart Butterfield and a collective of founders from Cameo, Spotify, Twitch and more.
Learn more: https://worklife.vc
About the role
As the Investment Analyst, you will support the entire investment process and serve as the first point-of-contact for any potential investment we make. You will be thought of as having a “clear pulse on the tech ecosystem” at all times. You will conduct all diligence and investment decisions across our funds. You will assist in the execution of key priorities for the firm including:
- Build direct relationships with founders and operators of high-growth startups. You should be known as a master connector.
- Conduct due diligence for exciting investment opportunities & markets.
- Create thoughtful investment memos in a timely manner. We often make investment decisions within days, so there’s often quick turnaround times needed.
- Work with our GP to finalize all investment decisions.
- Own the entire SPV process from start to end from building the SPV, sourcing relevant investors, setting clear timelines, & seeing the investment through to completion.
- Report out to the internal team with clear and concise deal flow analysis on monthly and quarterly deal flow meetings.
- Support any miscellaneous operational needs that arise from the investment side like adjusting our deal flow evaluation process, internal documentation to keep track of investment opportunities, etc.
You may be a good fit if you’re
- Obsessed with startups and venture capital. You spend all your time learning about innovative founders and new industries.
The Investment Analyst will need to be very integrated in the startup scene and eager to contribute to the larger tech ecosystem. They should have a great “pulse” of what’s going on at all times. They will know a lot about the various venture funds in our sector and stage. They will be familiar with many of the startups we’ve invested in.
- Organized, accountable, and operate with intensity.
While we are friendly, respectful, and encourage a healthy amount of vacation, we work long hours and frequently take calls on evenings and weekends to help the companies that we’ve backed.
- Knowledgeable about key functions of a startup: Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success.
The Investment Analyst will be a founder-facing role that’s responsible for being the first point of contact for anyone interested in receiving an investment from us. They need to understand organizational structure and the various key functions of a startup.
We’re looking for someone that’s a natural super-connector and can hit the ground running on expanding our investing efforts.
- Curious, collaborative and plugged into consumer culture.
Venture is highly collaborative with exposure to startups, media, strategic partners, and other venture firms.
We take a unique approach to community building.
We’ve built a new social network for designers in Figma.
A family talent show to help parents stuck at home.
We create, hack, and build with a lot of personality.
The Investment Analyst will be a highly visible champion of Worklife culture and help us execute creative programming to build the broader startup ecosystem.
We value bold big ideas that require an engineer and a designer vs. traditional VC dinners and conventional playbooks.
- Location: LA strongly preferred, but open to NYC or SF. We’re looking for someone with a strong tech and venture network.
- Experience & Leveling: This role will report to the Managing Director of the firm. Ideally this hire has investing experience across workplace productivity, developer tools, social networks, and/or software for creators & small businesses.
- Start date: Sept, however open to sooner for the right candidate.