Upper90 is a leading hybrid fund that invests debt and equity in early stage fintech, supply chain, commerce, and marketplaces businesses. Founded in 2018 by executives from Seamless-GrubHub and Goldman Sachs, the firm helps founders scale with less dilution and is backed by a LP base of 300 entrepreneurs that provide a competitive advantage. The firm has grown AUM to $1.2B across ~50 portfolio companies. Industry leaders like Thrasio, Crusoe Energy, Clutch, Settle, Filmrise, Mundi, and Octane have secured growth capital from Upper90.
Upper90 is seeking an Investment Analyst to assist in the analysis, due diligence, execution and monitoring of portfolio investments. The Investment Analyst will help with and ultimately own the creation of financial models, ad hoc analyses, industry research, term sheets, presentations and other materials to support the due diligence and investment processes. Additionally, the Investment Analyst will support the portfolio monitoring process and create analyses to inform portfolio composition. The Analyst will have direct exposure to industry leaders in a flat organization.
Investment Analysis & Research
- Identify the key drivers in a business
- Diligence these rigorously
- Build models to sensitize the impact of these drivers on cash flow and valuation
- Form independent views on an opportunity
- Trust but verify data points and management claims
- Organize, lead and recap DD calls with industry experts
- Leverage the Upper90 network to find relevant contacts
- Synthesize investment thesis and key findings into a memo
- Assist an efficient legal drafting process to increase deal throughput and accuracy
- Efficient interactions with portfolio companies
- Raise critical points internally
- Maintain expert knowledge of portfolio companies, keeping Upper90 informed of:
- Business KPIs
- Key macro trends
- Competitive landscape developments
- Provide the performance messaging and key metrics for fund and SPV letters
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-2 years of investment banking, private credit, private equity, or other similar experience.
- Background in restructuring and exposure to early-stage equity investing are a plus.
- Comfort with financial modeling and ability to analyze financial statements.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to efficiently identify and synthesize the crux of complicated matters.
- Resourcefulness and the ability to come to well-informed decisions without perfect information.
- Passion for technology trends and an appreciation for both value and growth investing principles.
- Process driven with a mind towards scalability and data-driven insights.
- Bachelor’s degree demonstrating a strong academic and extracurricular track record.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is a plus.
Compensation: $100,000- $130,000 with competitive bonus and benefits
Upper90 provides a competitive salary with benefits and significant opportunities to learn and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.