Untapped Ventures is looking for someone who has a good understanding of startup businesses, venture capital, new/emerging technologies, innovation methodologies, and wants to help make a big impact! You should be a self-starter and a tenacious individual that charges full speed and is not afraid of taking initiative.
Untapped Ventures is hiring a Venture Analyst who will work directly with the investment team and will be responsible for deal sourcing and providing due diligence and market research for potential investments.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- A key member of the investment team assisting in sourcing, evaluating, and executing investments in technology start-ups analyzing market trends, tracking competitive landscapes, and performing company related diligence.
- Attending startup events to source startups for investment.
- Financial and operational due diligence, market research, valuation analysis, business plan modeling, participation in management meetings and preparation of investment memos and internal docs.
- Analyst will work closely with Untapped Ventures’ investment team on surfacing and analyzing relevant early and growth startups for potential engagement.
- At least 1 venture-backed tech startup experience
- At least 3 months of VC/Startup experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
- This is a position that requires someone with enough experience to have very strong judgement but also a startup mentality with a thirst for knowledge and responsibility. We are a fund and startup studio so knowledge in this model is a plus.
- Individuals should have strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to work well in teams, and strong proficiency with financial statements and financial modeling.
- Analyst must also have demonstrated superior presentation and business writing capabilities.
- Some VC experience is necessary.
This is an unpaid, remote internship. It will require a committment of 10+ hrs/week for 120-days.
We invite you to submit applications here. Please answer the following questions in your application. Only applications with all questions thoughtfully completed will be considered.
- What are your career vision and goals?
- What are you hoping to learn during the 4-month internship?
- What are your superpowers and how can you add value at Untapped right away?
- What is your experience with VC (including venture investing, deal scouting, due diligence, fundraising, etc.)?
- What Startup and VC communities are you engaged in?
- Please confirm below the internship terms are acceptable:
~10+ hrs/week, 120-day non-paid internship. We expect interns to be generally responsive and available for pre-scheduled meetings during 9-5 PST.