Underline Ventures is a venture capital seed fund that partners at the earliest stages with Eastern European founders building high-growth startups with global ambitions.
We help founders define the right strategy, milestones, and priorities in their company’s journey from seed to series A, and support them in connecting with capital and talent, under their terms.
We’re a newly launched fund with the spirit of a startup run by professionals with deep roots and experience in the Eastern European technology and venture landscape. We launched Underline Venture in the spring of 2022, but we have been investing, and building startup programs or companies for over a decade. We are still at the beginning of our journey and have many more things to build together.
What will you do?
As an investment analyst, you’ll connect with some of the most exciting Eastern European startups and help us identify the ones which match our investment criteria. You’ll also support the decision-making and investment processes, and the startups in the fund’s portfolio.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- You will be the first point of contact for many of the startups reaching us – you will interview founders for an initial evaluation of their proposals and present the most relevant of them to the partners
- You will be supporting the decision-making process with research and analysis on a particular sector, technology, or business
- You will be supporting the investment administrative process, by creating the relevant documentation or presentations
- You will support the reporting process by developing presentations and reporting materials
- You will provide support to the companies in our portfolio by connecting them to the relevant partners, venture partners, EiRs in our team, and larger operator/experts network
Together we can build the best sourcing and screening processes, using networks, critical thinking, and technology, and in time you can evolve toward a more senior investment role.
Who are you?
We are excited to work with hard-working, technology-interested, ambitious people who are ready for a deeply meaningful job. We appreciate intellectual curiosity and raw initiative, and we’re looking for pirates rather than marines.
- A proactive problem-solving mentality, can think independently and take initiative
- Great people skills, and are able to connect directly with founders and build trust from the first interaction
- Great attention to detail, are happy to research different topics and work in spreadsheets
- A deep interest in the startup and business of technology space, and you’ve maybe already started or worked in a startup
- A good understanding of how startups and venture capital works
Previous first-hand experience working with or supporting founders is a plus, along with founder experience.