Toyota Research Institute
Founded in 2017, Toyota Ventures is a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm with more than $500M assets under management that invests in early-stage startups around the world in frontier and climate technologies. We are on a mission to discover what’s next for Toyota by helping startups bring ground-breaking technologies and business models to market quickly. We’ve invested in over 60 companies, including Bipi (acquired), Blackmore (acquired), Carbice, Ecolectro, e-Zinc, Intuition Robotics, Joby Aviation (NYSE: Joby), May Mobility, Nauto, Near Space Labs, Revel, and Universal Hydrogen.
Our firm is growing and we are hiring an analyst for the Toyota Ventures Frontier Fund to help source and screen innovative companies in areas like AI, mobility, autonomy, robotics, fintech, digital health, smart cities, and materials. Along with a bachelor’s degree and two years or more of relevant work experience, the analyst role requires excellent communication and research skills and an understanding of industry trends.
Our team values hard work, high integrity, being humble but bold, and keeping it weird. We’re also committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within our team, portfolio, and the larger VC industry. Whether you’re a recent(ish) grad looking to cut your teeth in the VC field, or someone with a bit more experience under your belt, if you enjoy teamwork and are looking to make an impact, we look forward to hearing from you! Location is flexible, but prefer someone in the SF Bay Area.
- Network and take part in industry and VC events, organizations
- Analyze the latest industry trends
- Source and screen potential target companies
- Clean and maintain company startup data
- Participate in due diligence, market analyses, and industry deep dives
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Background in one or more technical fields preferred
- Entrepreneurial and well-networked
- Experience in venture capital, private equity or other investment firm a plus
- Analytical proficiency in Google Docs or Excel
- Strong communications and research skills
- Passionate about frontier technology space
- Team player
Please reference this Candidate Privacy Notice to inform you of the categories of personal information that we collect from individuals who inquire about and/or apply to work for Toyota Research Institute, Inc. or its subsidiaries, including Toyota A.I. Ventures GP, L.P., and the purposes for which we use such personal information.