The Weekend Fund
We’re adding a third team member to Weekend Fund. We’re hiring our first (part-time) Analyst to help us source investment opportunities, run diligence, research emerging trends, and support us in various experiments at Weekend Fund.
About the fund
I, Ryan Hoover, have always been a very curious person, eager to explore new tech and support entrepreneurs. This led me to starting Product Hunt, which has become the launchpad for startups around the world. Shortly after its acquisition by AngelList, I started Weekend Fund to invest in founders directly, and help them with product, community building, and GTM strategy with Vedika Jain alongside an LP collective of 350+ founders and operators.
We invest in early-stage startups around the world across consumer and B2B. We’re seed investors in Pipe, MainStreet, Deel, Voiceflow, Mindbloom, Poparazzi, Ready, Superplastic, Blueland, Coinshift, and many other great companies.
We’re now on our third fund and adding a new team member. Maybe you? ;)
What you’ll work on
This is a very research-driven and analytically-focused role where you will:
- Source potential investment opportunities
- Conduct market research, support us with diligence, and provide input into investment decisions
- Research emerging trends, create market maps, and develop a sharp point of view on a space
- Support us with ongoing experiments (our latest: Signature Block)
What we’re looking for
The right person for the role is:
- Extremely curiosity and eager to learn about new topics
- Clear, concise, and a personable communicator
- Works well in a small team (we’ll be a three-person team!) with an ability to be very autonomous but also collaborative
- Passionate and deeply immersed in tech
- Significant overlap with Eastern Time working hours
Nice to haves:
- Experience as an analyst or similar role is preferred
- Located in the North America timezone but not a strict requirement
Why you might be interested
In this role you will:
- Gain insight into how early-stage investing works and exposure to the world of venture capital
- Have an opportunity to dive deep into new technology shifts and formulate perspectives on emerging shifts
- Learn with, from, and alongside us (more about us in “who you’ll work with” below)
This isn’t a traditional job. You might be a student or full-time employed professional. The role could be a good “on-ramp” for those considering a career as a full-time investor.
Important to know:
- This is a paid part-time role (10-20 hours/week). There’s potential for it to transition to full-time, but that should not be the expectation.
- While you’ll have opportunities to source investment opportunities, and learn about investing, this is not an investment role.
- We want to work with people that are genuinely excited and proud of the work they do, and that this particular position will be a great fit for their own goals. Only apply if this excites you. :)
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll be working very closely with me (Ryan Hoover) and Vedika Jain.
I started my career as a product manager in the gaming industry. My fascination with technology and behavioral psychology led me to help write Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products.
In 2013 I founded Product Hunt, inspired by a curiosity and a desire to support early stage makers and founders. We raised capital from Y Combinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and other great investors before selling the company to AngelList. Shortly after Product Hunt was acquired, I started Weekend Fund.
Vedika started her professional career at Stripe in 2015, just as they were experiencing explosive growth. Her love for product as a discipline led her to join TrueLayer (now a unicorn) in London as their first product manager. The company grew from 8 to over 80 people during her tenure.
Her curiosity led her to spend nights and weekends writing “fantasy” investment memos on startups, before joining Weekend Fund as Chief of Staff in 2019. She now writes real memos (among many other things).
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining, please tell us more about yourself here. In the application, you can optionally submit an investment memo, diligence doc or similar material that illustrates your past analysis of a company. We’re accepting applications through Friday September 30th.
Lastly, if this role isn’t for you but you know someone that might be a good fit, please forward this along. :)