Secocha Ventures is a seed-stage venture firm, powered by an equity-based founder community. Focused on consumer-facing companies, we are one of the only seed funds with a global mandate. Our portfolio currently spans the US, Canada, India, Europe, Israel, and Latam, and includes break-out companies like Brigit, Ollie, Bling, and more.
Reporting to our Principal, you will augment the investment team’s ability to source opportunities, reach investment decisions, and support the portfolio. Your responsibilities will include:
Sourcing: building on existing processes and deal flow, you will be responsible for feeding and managing our deal flow pipeline. This will involve:
- Identifying promising companies and founders at the earliest stages, through networking, research, and outreach.
- Analyzing opportunities, through reviews of materials, conversations with founders, and discussions with the team.
- Frequent team presentations of opportunities that fit the firm’s mandate and investment philosophy.
Evaluation: you will support the investment committee to reach the best possible investment decisions. This will involve:
- Researching markets, companies, financials, business models.
- Participating in any diligence items relevant to the investment decision, including calls with founders and reference checks.
- Drafting investment memoranda and other materials that may be required by the investment committee.
Portfolio Management: you will collaborate with the rest of the investment team to provide value to the portfolio. This will involve:
- Understanding the needs of our portfolio companies by seeking regular updates and building strong rapport with founders and their teams.
- Building and activating scalable strategies to support a growing portfolio.
- Coordinating the team’s response to portfolio asks.
Reporting: you will support the investment team in preparing quarterly communications to Limited Partners (including data collection).
- Familiarity and deep interest in venture capital and technology ecosystems.
- Critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and being unafraid to ask questions.
- Understanding of business and financial concepts and ability to carry out research and analysis.
- Desire to grow with the firm over a long time horizon and over multiple funds.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Understanding of international markets, especially India, Europe, and/or Latam.
- Demonstrated interest, knowledge, or networks in one or more areas of investment focus (including but not limited to: fintech, healthcare tech, social, commerce or web3).
- Interest in participating in content marketing efforts.
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese.