Builders Vision (BV) is an impact platform dedicated to promoting a humane and healthy planet. Builders Vision includes a range of impact investing and philanthropic capabilities to support, seed and scale sustainable agriculture, food systems, renewable energy, and ocean health. Today it encompasses a venture and growth equity group (S2G Ventures), an asset management team (Builders Asset Management), and a family foundation (Builders Initiative).
About S2G Ventures
S2G Ventures is a multi-stage venture fund investing in food / agriculture, oceans / seafood, and energy globally. The fund’s mission is to invest in trailblazing entrepreneurs to build a humane and healthy planet. The fund is presently hiring on three teams:
- S2G Oceans & Seafood: The S2G Oceans & Seafood Fund is a commitment to invest in technologies and business models that can alter the trajectory of ocean health, climate resilience, and food security while also generating above-average risk-adjusted financial returns. For more information about the Oceans & Seafood fund, please visit https://www.s2gventures.com/oceans-seafood
- S2G Energy: The S2G Energy & Climate Fund is a commitment to invest in company and asset investments in all parts of the clean energy value chain from development platforms to hardware / software companies to services plays supporting the energy transition while also generating above-average risk-adjusted financial returns. For more information about the Energy fund, please visit https://www.s2gventures.com/clean-energy
- S2G Real Assets: The S2G Real Assets Fund is a commitment to invest in asset-oriented business and projects across the clean energy, food and agriculture, and oceans value chains supporting the deployment of climate solutions. For more information about the Real Assets fund, please visit https://www.s2gventures.com/real-assets
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join one of the leading venture capital investment firms committed to sustainability and climate action. As a member of the investment team, Analysts spend their time on new investment opportunities, supporting portfolio company management, and internal firm operations. As an Analyst you will get experience in evaluating new investments and learning, from the ground-up, how a sector-specific venture capital investor identifies, evaluates, and executes investments in a diverse set of companies. Analysts will support the investment thesis of the fund, new investments and portfolio companies through research, analysis and investment memo writing and analysis.
Analysts will have the opportunity to work closely with senior members of the firm and interact with management teams and external advisors. Analysts are responsible for supporting the due diligence and research efforts of a deal team. You will evaluate hundreds of investment opportunities, gain strong industry and business model expertise, and develop your abilities as a venture capital investor. Analysts are also responsible for supporting the administrative functions of the fund including data input and integrity, pipeline tracking processes, and workflow to ensure timely execution of various projects.
This individual will have the unique opportunity to join a fund in its early days and influence the long-term trajectory of the fund while benefiting from the infrastructure and expertise of the S2G and Builders Vision platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
The position is designed for an individual who is interested in expanding their knowledge of early-stage investing, a variety of industries across the sustainable economy, and unique business operations and models. Responsibilities will revolve around three primary types of work:
- Investment Execution Support – Analysts will work with deal teams to help source and evaluate investment opportunities, research industry dynamics, analyze complex data sets to identify crucial financial and business information, and support the execution of deals. Candidate should have familiarity with financial modeling and able to build a financial model based on particular assumptions.
- Portfolio Management – Analysts will work with deal teams to help manage portfolio company reporting and support. Analysts will get exposure to new industries and support the needs of portfolio companies related to fundraising, comps, and industry best practices.
- Firm Operations – Analysts will work across the firm and support reporting and valuation modeling, industry and company data collection and tracking, CEO summits and working with external service providers.
- S2G as an organization is focused first on culture – engaging with humility and kindness is as important as the skills that you bring to the role
- Strong analytical abilities with well-developed Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Approximately 0 – 2 years of experience. Experience with financial or strategic analysis through a private equity firm, investment bank, startups, corporate or consulting preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and proven ability to learn new concepts and industries quickly
- Self-starter with a track record of going above and beyond what is asked
- An ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues, partners, and entrepreneurs
To apply, please email a resume and a short cover letter (not exceed 800 characters) describing your interest in and ability to contribute to the mission of S2G to our recruiting partner CarterPierce – email@example.com – with “S2G Ventures Investment Analyst” in the email subject line.