Rev Tech Labs
Venture Analyst for RevTechLabs
This is an early career position for candidates interested in building a career in venture capital and startup innovation/acceleration. Reporting to our Principals, you will augment the investment team’s ability to source opportunities, reach investment decisions, and support the portfolio. You will be working on industry and startup research, summarizing data, attending events, identifying process improvement opportunities, communicating with founders/funders and developing presentation materials. In our company you will build your investment acumen, gain management skills, build domain expertise, grow industry relationships, learn about startup design and development, and better understand the needs of the venture investment community. This is an excellent advancement opportunity for those interested in applying to graduate school or starting a company.
- Investment Support:
- Identifying promising companies and founders at the earliest stages, through networking, research, and outreach.
- Participating in any diligence items relevant to the investment decision, including calls with founders and reference checks.
- Drafting investment memoranda and other materials that may be required by the investment committee. Provide analytical support for deal leads.
- Support communications activities with portfolio companies, funder network, as well as internal and external partners.
- Keep team organized through project management administration.
- Assist with portfolio management and investor relations activities.
- Help manage our investment metrics gathering and summary reports.
- Proactively identify process improvements.
- Other investment related activities as needed.
- Program Support:
- Building on existing processes and deal flow, you will be responsible for feeding and managing our deal flow pipeline.
- Provide project management and logistical support for events and conferences.
- Support program leads with research, analysis and documentation.
- Liaise with program participants and external stakeholders
- Other related activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent skill development experience.
- 1+ years of professional work experience, including internships.
- Strong interest in learning about early venture capital with knowledge of relevant industry actors (accelerators, funders, field builders, etc.), startup design/development and funding process.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and supporting the entrepreneurial community.
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative, and communication skills including excellent spreadsheet modeling and powerpoint/slide development.
- Enjoys and thrives in supporting multiple concurrent workstreams.
- Comfortable working remotely in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment (a self-starter and resourceful).
- Has exceptional personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Enjoys collaborating with a spectrum of seniority levels, internally and externally, and from different backgrounds and experiences.
- Has a history of being a creative problem solver.
- Proven ability to support external facing program/product/service.
- You have a deep or growing entrepreneurial network and thrive in relationship building/managing.
RTL offers competitive compensation and a range of benefits. This position has a starting range of $50-55K, depending on experience and location, plus benefits for full time employees including medical, dental, 401K, flexible working environment, as well as vacation and paid holiday time.
This position could be a fully remote position in the U.S. or be a hybrid role while living in Charlotte, NC. Some travel will be required. Employees are required to comply with health and safety measures consistent with CDC guidelines, and federal, state, and local regulations.