Purpose Built is seeking a full time Venture Analyst to join our team.
About Purpose Built
Purpose Built venture studio brings together pre-idea entrepreneurs, capital, coaching, and resources to turn the best ideas into great companies focused on fintech, upskilling, and the future of work. We support our founders’ personal and professional development while building companies that help people reach for economic opportunity. Purpose Built was started by 3-time founder and investor Miles Lasater and 2-time founder Taylor Thompson.
More information available in our Overview for Founders.
About the Role
Our Venture Analyst will join our small team to work directly with co-founder Taylor Thompson to help create our venture studio and launch our first 12+ companies.
This role is focused on creating new business ideas, validating demand from customers, and launching 4+ new companies each year. It’s ideal for someone who is curious, learns and works quickly, and wants to build a career starting or investing in mission-driven companies.
We have a distributed team and the candidate is not expected to move.
We’re looking for someone who is curious, works and learns quickly, and is excited to build a career in early stage technology — either as a founder, operator, or investor.
- Desk research: Quickly researching potential business ideas and markets, and writing memos for the Purpose Built team and our startup founders to understand market size, competition, and feasibility.
- Lead generation: Sourcing leads for customer discovery and MVP by applying Purpose Built’s lead gen playbook, including: community engagement; outbound email, calling and social; digital ads, and more.
- Customer discovery: Interviewing customers and other stakeholders to understand needs, product requirements, and willingness to pay.
- MVP strategic support: Writing marketing copy, product requirements, outbound outreach for MVPs.
- MVP ops support: Implementing websites and user acquisition, and supporting startup founders as they execute customer development at scale.
- Company launch support: Creating investment pitch decks, financial models, strategic plans, and other key resources for company launch and fundraise.
Previous Experience Expected
- 2+ years work experience in one of the following:
- At a startup in biz ops, marketing, or product
- At venture studio, accelerator or venture capital firm
- At a company focused on lead generation, either as a BDR/SDR or in digital advertising
- At a digital agency
- In management consulting or finance
- As a startup founder
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience
- Evidence of exceptional written communication
- Evidence of curiosity and proactive problem solving in your previous roles
- Experience with spreadsheets and presentations
- Extra credit for coding and data analysis skills (e.g. python, R), Figma design skills, and Webflow implementation experience
- Ability to work on US timezone expected
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com or reach out to Taylor Thompson.