PROOF is seeking a full-time Investment Analyst. PROOF is a growth-stage venture capital fund and invests in hypergrowth breakout companies in venture across all verticals via the pro rata rights of our early-stage investor partners. Some of our companies include: Beyond Meat, Bird, Roman, Zipline, Carta, SweetGreen, Overtime, and Masterclass, among others.
As a key member of our team, the Analyst will help us source and evaluate investment opportunities, support our internal investment operations, and aid with portfolio management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Source, pre-qualify, and evaluate investment opportunities using quantitative and qualitative analysis and due diligence
• Own and manage internal fund management processes and platforms designed for data management (i.e. platforms such as Affinity and Airtable)
• Prepare and create thorough investment memorandums, including investment and financial analysis
• Perform market and industry research, and propose prospective investment targets
• Assist with quarterly reporting activities and monitoring of portfolio companies across PROOF Fund I, II, and III
• Collaborate with investment team on special projects, such as The Finding PROOF Podcast
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• An undergraduate degree and at least 2-3 years of experience working in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, and/or management consulting with a technology focus
• Process-oriented thinker with high attention to detail
• Have a strong interest in venture capital and technology startups
• Demonstrated analytical/modeling skills with sound business and investment judgment
• Experience working across a large number of investments and prospective investments simultaneously
• Ability to work independently with strong time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a team-player, proactive, and positive attitude
• We expect a two-year commitment to this position. This role is designed to provide a differentiating experience to launch yourself into business school, entrepreneurship, or investing
Location: We are located in the Washington DC area. We have strong preference to candidates that are located in the DC area.