Primary Venture Partners
Primary Venture Partners is looking for two Analysts to join its Investment team, reporting to the Partner team.
Primary is a seed-stage venture capital firm dedicated to delivering exceptional support to the founders of transformational businesses in NYC. By pairing meaningful investment resources with the largest operating team of any seed investor, our portfolio companies have reached an industry-best seed-to-A graduation rate.
The two Analysts at Primary will be responsible for working closely with the Partners to work on sourcing, market research, and other firm-wide initiatives that help elevate the firm.
The ideal candidate is resourceful, deeply analytical, and not afraid to cold email or hunt down introductions to key experts, founders and investors. At the core, we are looking for people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and working with entrepreneurs from the earliest days. More than any particular background, we look for candidates who are intellectually curious, have strong analytical and communication skills, thrive off of new ideas and can push our thinking.
Candidates should have demonstrated a high level of initiative in a prior activity and have at least 2 years of work experience.
This role is a 2-year program as a member of Primary’s Investment team, based in NYC.
About this role
- Partner with the Investment team to drive “shared programs” that help the firm run in a more data-driven and forward-thinking manner
- Conduct market analysis and dive deep into markets with the rest of the Investment team to better understand how they work
- Manage and help automate weekly sourcing initiatives
- Connect effectively with founders in the first meeting, communicating Primary value to ensure we are at the table if we want to be. Ask clear questions and drive effective dialogue with prospect companies
- Assist in running diligence processes with assistance from the Partners and Principals, effectively prioritizing diligence areas and pitching interesting deals to the rest of the team to evaluate
- Create preliminary target lists of Series A investors
- Communicate clearly with Primary resources and portfolio company management to ensure expectations are aligned
- Support the Partners with ongoing LP reporting
- Must be available to work full-time in NYC
- Self-starter: you have an entrepreneur’s intrinsic motivation and are capable of independently running with business ideas with substantial ambiguity. You are resourceful, passionate about ownership and willing to hustle to win deals
- Entrepreneurial: you are eager to engage in the venture and startup ecosystem and can quickly build credibility with founders
- Storyteller: you’re able to learn rapidly, develop a strong point of view, and communicate compelling narratives
- Data-driven: you have a strong analytical tool kit from strategy consulting, investment banking or a commercial or financial role in tech. You’re comfortable with financial models and concepts and can quickly assess the feasibility and scalability of a new venture ideas
- Deeply curious: you have a strong desire to become an expert in a certain industry or business model. You love hunting down experts, listening to podcasts and reading anything you can get your hands on about the new topic
$90,000 – $120,000 a year
Compensation is market-competitive with an annual base salary of $90,000-$120,000 and will include upside in our funds.