As an important part of the Plymouth Growth investment team, this role will be involved in all aspects of our growing firm. The Analyst position will support four main areas of firm activities: due diligence, new investment opportunity tracking and deal screening, supporting current portfolio companies, and assisting with deal sourcing. The bulk of this position involves collaborating closely with the deal team on the due diligence process of investment opportunities, financial reporting analysis, industry and market analysis, company performance tracking and reporting, and working with our more than two dozen high-growth software and technology portfolio companies.
We are seeking someone who loves to analyze financial statements and data rooms, enjoys digging deep on what makes growth-stage companies successful, and is eager to synthesize and interpret data. The ideal candidate either has an existing base of financial acumen or be willing to learn fast. This person should also have a deep curiosity for technology and growth-stage companies. This is a great opportunity to be a part of building the next level of an established firm and have the opportunity to learn from a seasoned team. This position will report to Plymouth’s Senior Associate, will directly support the deal team, and will have the opportunity to work alongside Plymouth’s four deal-making partners, CFO and Director of Platform.
What You’ll Do:
• Perform, support and present due diligence on investment opportunities, including financial modeling, industry research, analysis on key SaaS metrics and trends, and analysis of customers and competition
• Help prepare deal memos, investment committee reports, quarterly reports and scorecard updates
• Take initiative on compiling initial deal screens for new investment opportunities
• Participate on deal teams and support existing portfolio companies by developing market research, competitive analysis, upstream and downstream landscape analysis, and M&A roadmaps
• Manage the new investment opportunity pipeline and support the deal team with tracking new deals
• Work with portfolio companies and management teams post-investment
• Other investment team, business development, and platform related duties as additional opportunities arise
What You Have:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-3 years of post-undergraduate experience working in venture capital, private equity, management consulting, banking, accounting, or other similar financial or corporate development roles.
• Attention to detail, and the ability to synthesize information and write reports clearly and concisely
• Ability and desire to take initiative to support the investment team, finding ways to help and add value in meaningful ways
• Excellent analytical, written, and verbal skills
• Entrepreneurial mindset and ambition, with proven ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
• Problem-solving skills and ability to work well with autonomy and ambiguity
• Strong ethics and values
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’d like to account for the fact that we may have overlooked, under-counted, or over-indexed on some of these requirements.
Plymouth Growth invests in leading technology businesses across the mid-continent. We take a flexible approach to partnering with management teams, helping to drive growth, build value and realize full potential. We focus on B2B software and tech-enabled services companies with proven growth. Our team is hands-on and provides deep operational, strategic, and financial expertise. We typically invest on a minority-ownership (non-control) basis and write initial checks of $5MM to $10MM. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Plymouth Growth is actively investing out of its fifth fund.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning in early December. We encourage all interested applicants to apply as early as possible, and no later than December 31, 2022.