Playfair is one of Europe’s leading pre-seed and seed stage VC funds. We find and nurture extraordinary entrepreneurs on the cusp of building the next generation of great technology companies. We’re there from day one, helping our founders make their first hires, build their MVP and find product-market fit.
Our founder, Fede, as one of London’s most prolific angel investors, launched Playfair in 2013. Since then, we’ve backed over 80 startups, including Mapillary (acq. Facebook), CryptoFacilities (acq. Kraken), Omnipresent and Thought Machine. We’re sector and geography agnostic with full flexibility to invest in opportunities that truly excite us.
As we prepare for the launch of our third fund, we’re looking for two new team members to join our two-year analyst programme. You’ll be on the frontline of all aspects of our investing activities, giving you significant exposure to the European startup ecosystem. This is an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a small team, build your network and kickstart your career in VC.
Your main responsibility will be to assess inbound startups that apply to us for funding. As the conduit to the investment team, you’ll review pitch submissions, take first meetings with founders and bring what you view as the best companies through our investment pipeline. As companies progress, you’ll support the team on due diligence by conducting extensive research and synthesising and analysing your findings as you contribute to writing our investment memos.
We want to play to your strengths. If you’re a people person, you could be focused on:
- Outbound dealflow. This includes attending demo days, pitching competitions and other events to build relationships with founders and industry experts.
- Building our network. As the face of the fund, you could be deep within the technology ecosystem, attending panels, talking on podcasts or figuring out ways to engage our growing community.
If you love data and building technology, you could be focused on:
- Building on our existing data stack to quickly and efficiently assess companies in a systematic way.
- Expanding the product roadmap to optimise Playfair’s coverage of early stage technology companies.
The application deadline is Sunday, September 11th at midnight. Applications will be reviewed at the start of September and first round interviews will commence shortly thereafter. The start date this role is flexible.
- You’re passionate about startups and eager to learn how we help founders build the future
- You thrive with high levels of ownership, autonomy and responsibility
- You’re into creative problem-solving and have strong oral and written communication skills
- You’re available for a full time 2-year programme and to work from our coworking space in Clerkenwell at least three days a week
- £50 per month wellness credits through Heka
- Monthly team socials and occasional team away trips
- Weekly socials with our community of founders
- Hybrid working with budget to set up your home office
- Private healthcare plan
- Company pension with employer contribution
- Extensive upskilling and training opportunities